attributes, skills & level up

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: attributes, skills & level up

Post by jack1974 »

That's a good question... either the SP amount needed to cast doesn't change (so in practice you spend same SP but get bigger heal) or I have to find a way to let the user decide how much SP use. But probably will just do the first solution. Also in this game the healing won't be as powerful as Loren. It will be quite different, need to make some more tests but you won't see big damage or big heal often except at high levels :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

This weekend will be probably busy finishing the beta demo preview of Nicole (and use my whip to have the writer finish everything before end of month). But now I'm in ideal conditions to work, not too hot, no noises, etc. I made a lot of progresses on this game already, if I can keep this pace I could have a demo of it already by end of September I think!
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

jack1974 wrote:This weekend will be probably busy finishing the beta demo preview of Nicole (and use my whip to have the writer finish everything before end of month). But now I'm in ideal conditions to work, not too hot, no noises, etc. I made a lot of progresses on this game already, if I can keep this pace I could have a demo of it already by end of September I think!
Wow that is quick! I look forward to seeing it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well demo = first part of the game only (about 1/4 of it, maybe a bit less)!! also probably with many unbalanced skills/stats :wink: but at least something to look at.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In these days I'm adding the "choose your traits" part of the character creation. Originally were two episodes of Althea and Shea earlier life, but I decided to make all four independent by genre, so each one can pick one of the four to play. For each event there will be a choice that will give a permanent bonus to each twin, making them more powerful (at least in theory) than the other party members :)
Then will have to review the skills system and start adding the content... probably 15-20 days from now to get to that stage.
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

Hmmm... not gonna lie, that actually sounds fun. I'm always a sucker for games where playing the game *is* the method of character creation... though the other kind can be nice too. I think I'll like this better for the Winter Wolves setup, simply because the customization available isn't *quite* on the same level yet. Making character creation part of gameplay should be a nice thingummy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is just four events with 3 choices each, but I think it was a nice idea/addition:
almost done with it, next stop: rework the skills system. That one will take probably most of my time before I can finally start filling in the game content! :)
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

So when do we get the beta? :D
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Lol I would love to give the Alpha version a test run XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well as soon as I have the basics done I should be able to go relatively fast, since the writing is all done. To be honest I want to add also some sidequests, but the main plot is ready up to almost the third chapter (without romances yet), so I think I can make something public next month as planned (of course, unless real-life gets into the way!).
I'll make a post tomorrow with some more info about the game :)