The Cast

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: The Cast

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I love animals too (I'm vegan after all!) but sometimes need to adapt to the game setting/world. No real animals were harmed in making that image :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It's not a "poor bird" - it's dinner.
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

I see it as a poor bird, because I love animals :S But I know it's just a game so I don't think as it would be reality.

I'm also a vegan :) *High five*
Meep :3
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

There are many things in the past, which would be highly offending to someone from the modern world. For example, you never see in Loren or other fantasy RPGs the characters covered in mud from the roads, or full of spiderwebs and dirt when dungeoneering. People would stop playing (and possible take a real-world-shower).

Killed animals are another such thing. In the past, everyone (except maybe a few nobles) knew what slaughtering a chicken looked like, real life. Even my parents did. I do not... and because we no longer see dead food animals any more, because the only animals we have contact with are pets, a dead bird becomes offensive. When really it is just what people always did to feed themselves.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah, there were vegetarians even in ancient times (Pitagora, Leonardo da Vinci, etc comes to mind) but surely the minority. However, in this specific game the main point is that being in such a cold climate, would be hard to cultivate anything, so basically hunting remains the only viable source of food :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

One can of course gloss things over as much as one likes. I grew up in a culture that still is very hunting/fishing based. If anybody started talking about "poor" animals, they'd get a hearty smack on the head. :wink: Which is not to say that these people can't keep pets and love them dearly, but one has to be pragmatic when it concerns the food on the table.

At least we can assume that dinner had a free life in the wild and wasn't raised in a cage, if that's any consolation.

(Yes, I know what skinning/gutting/slaughtering animals looks like, a fully feathered bird hanging in the window is a very mild reminder of a different culture.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just got this supercute chibi Althea by some fan on Facebook:
not sure if she is registered in forums too, but I thought to share it since is really CUTE :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

That chibi just hit the A for awesome....
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

It makes me wanna play this game T_________T
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Slightly less cute :lol:
he is the master of the pits, and also how I transform myself when I need to "motivate" a lazy collaborator. Notice the motivational whip :mrgreen: