Unknown RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
at-a-glance
Young scout

Re: Unknown RPG

Post by at-a-glance »

Nice, can't wait! Maybe then we can find out who this 'Mystery Wolf' is. :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Oh no! How can I stand the suspense until sunday?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL, well maybe tomorrow, I only want to put the image together in a decent way (sprite + text). Not sure if I'll have a codex in this game (don't want the writer to work on that, so I should write it on my own) but still I wanted to look nice.
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Oh, I'm really loving Seblis! She has that kind of 'dykey' vibe too, not too straight looking, but still feminine.

This one sounds great, loving the Loren tie-in and everything else. Seriously looking forward to this one.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahem the name of the characters has changed :mrgreen: so that interesting lady name is now Chalassa. I have her already colored now that I think about it. I could post her maybe, even if is a bit strange to start with secondary characters... mumble mumble
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Chalassa actually sounds better!

I love her whatever name she's called by.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's funny because just found that there's a heavy metal band called exactly "Seasons Of The Wolf" :lol:
It shouldn't be a problem at all since is not another videogame. I know how copyright works, so unless in my game there were explicit references to that group, it wouldn't be an issue (there are other cases of same brand names, like Valve for example).
HOWEVER, I am not sure if is wise to keep the name for this game (even if I liked it) because could cause confusion. Anyway for now I'll keep this one and maybe change it when I'm about to release the game... :(
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Won't the name appear in a lot of artwork? Or is this just the logo copy-pasted into all places where it is needed, and replaced fast?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, that's why I probably will keep it after some thinking. I just remembered that years ago I was making a game that was called "Remember Me", and I could have kept that name even if there was a movie out, (and now even a game) since they're totally different theme/setting/art (I spoke with a very good lawyer at those times who assured me about it). I decided to change it into "Always Remember Me", but just to avoid confusion, like when people do google search for the game name. I was just surprised because I thought that SOTW was quite an original name :lol:
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

The name is good indeed.

But I'd suggest to alter it a bit to avert confusion although you are an indie publisher and only a few people would connect your games to a game like "remember me". But on the other hand - the gaming industry is already big and good names are getting rare since so many have already been used :-)

I suggest sticking with the thought of it and alternate the wording like "Year of the Snow Wolf" or "Cycle of the Wolf"

there are many good titles with the same meaning :-)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters