Bionic Heart 2 - version 1.0

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - version 1.0

Post by jack1974 »

I uploaded version 1.0.2 which adds a "hint mode", if it's on will give you some big hints before each battle so you should have no trouble winning each of them. I consider this a sort of cheat mode, but... people wanted it :wink:
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

My goodness, this game is so addicting! I'm loving every moment and I specially LOVE Tina(her paths are the best, in my opinion). I liked the Bionic Heart, but the sequel is far superior in quality, storytelling and everything! One of the best games I have played in my life, of this, I am certain.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks! :) Of course the first one had lower production values since is one of the first VN I made, with very limited time/budget, but I agree that this one turned out very well in any case. I was rather sure of it, but as always the ultimate judge are people/players.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Some plot related issues...

First the all important ;-) traces:
first: 00/02/03/04/06/05/07/08/09/10/11/12/14/15/17/18/20
second: 00/02/03/04/06/05/07/08/09/10/11/12/14/15/17/18/20/23/24/28/29/30/31/34/32
other variant of second issue: 00/02/03/04/06/05/07/08/09/10/11/12/14/15/17/18/20/22/23/24/27/28/29/30/31/34/35
all traces version 1.0.1
Spoiler:
It seems as if I found a way to avoid the scene with the neigbor warning Tanya - still there is the line where she is saying "By the way - my neighbor thinks you look like a girl" to Jason. I chose "of course I am lying" in the recharge-scene with Rob and Tina and I chose "I will kill someone for you" when hiring Jason.
Spoiler:
I do not understand how Luke is able to infect Mars - in a narrow technical sense (I can see his state of mind, but that alone...)
I did play to let Tom get Helen, and Luke did not copy the file when having access to Sarahs account. There was no scene where Sarah did try to get "Lucas" to delete the data and tell him she would notify the police anyway. There is no scene where Tom helps Luke to hack Sarahs account (like in the path where they delete the virus research) Yet after Luke sees Tom and Helen, he goes to the lab and creates the virus. So how did he get the data?
Edit: here is one more:

second: 00/02/03/04/06/05/07/08/09/10/11/12/14/15/17/18/20/23/24/28/29/30/31/34/32/38/39
Spoiler:
I continued by letting Tom loose the boss fight on purpose. Luke will not release the virus, but kill himself. But anyway, when the police investigates, Tom is alive once again...
Oh, and then, somehow, the game jumps to eart/Helens room, with Helen and Luke. A bit miracoulous, that path, I would think. Anyway, the ending is swan dive.
Last edited by Lonestar51 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banana2013
Young scout

Post by banana2013 »

Lonestar51 wrote:Yes. It is actually easy, if you know how to play boss battles except ... the second Julia one. (Tom-Sarah is a bit different too, but not too much.)
Spoiler:
Most of the times there are some hints what the next question should be. Sometimes not, then you have to:

Save (or use the auto-save)
try one option after another
you know you picked the right option if the next time round the button is gone -> save again
if the same buttons are displayed, you know you picked the wrong one: reload
repeat this until you have completed all steps for winning the battle
I done this method and it worked! Thank you.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

About the first, that line is played only if in scene12 you choose "A cover story should be sufficient, I think". That's the only case where it's played.
About the second, you're right it shouldn't be possible if Luke doesn't copy the virus or accept Sarah's invitation. Though honestly I'm not sure how to fix that, and probably don't want to touch it to avoid crashing everything again over and over like I did for about two month :lol:
About last one, what do you mean when the police investigates? is one of the endings? In swan dive there's no trace of Tom, so I think in this case you also got another Mars ending first.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

All three issues were encountered in a single play-through, if that makes any difference. Would it help if I send you save-games or something?

First issue:
Spoiler:
I chose "cover story", of course. But for some reason the scene with the neighbor, just before Tanya enters the building is missing. The line should be connected to the neighbor scene, so if the neighbor does not appear, Tanya would not say the line.
Second and Third issue:
Spoiler:
The ending does seem to jump all over the place here.
[*]First there is Luke, going to the lab, and Tom following (Boss battle).
[*]If Tom fails the boss battle, the game jumps from the boss battle to the "Luke suicide" scene. (Usually he just releases the virus, which now he does not have.)
[*]The "Luke suicide" scene is followed - as usual - by the "police investigates" scene. But in this scene Tom is alive again, even if not for long.
[*]Then the game jumps to "swan dive" ending, where Luke and Helen are alive (Luke shot himself, and Helen was made replacement parts) again, for some reason.
I am not sure how to describe the sequence better, it is confusing a bit - and my description as well, now that I read it again.
banana2013 wrote:I done this method and it worked! Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
OromeAldaron
Young scout

Post by OromeAldaron »

Having paused with visiting this site for a couple of months (no reasons associated with Winter Wolf, just too much work and absorbed by SWTOR and SC2), I am happy to learn that BH2 is out. I will surely buy it soon, BH1 was my first WW games and I loved it passionately.

However, I am not really fond of the BH2 pics I saw some time ago, so I don't think it will be as cool as BH1 (style of drawing, but that's personal - de gustibus non est disputandem or so...) and afaik there are no vocals, which I was VERY fond of in BH1 (the voice of Tanya was just incredibly sexy... :-) ... so, I am looking forward to it with a bit of caution (I don't want this to be understood wrongly, I don't attack anyone and the reasons for the differences have been explained sufficiently and adequately). Knowing how much time and effort and love has been invested into it, I will surely buy it and I will surely enjoy it.

Thanks in advance!
----------------------------
Earth: a big ball of iron with some rock on the outside a very thin coating of oxygen and moisture and dangerous creatures.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lonestar51 wrote:All three issues were encountered in a single play-through, if that makes any difference. Would it help if I send you save-games or something?
Yes maybe could be useful, I'll first try to look myself, but in case will ask you about them.
The second case is really particular since the story didn't take into account that Luke couldn't end with the virus, but that could be solved by Tom hacking into the computer to steal the data/sabotage the virus, so I think is enough to add a few lines of texts :)
OromeAldaron wrote:However, I am not really fond of the BH2 pics I saw some time ago, so I don't think it will be as cool as BH1 (style of drawing, but that's personal - de gustibus non est disputandem or so...) and afaik there are no vocals, which I was VERY fond of in BH1 (the voice of Tanya was just incredibly sexy... :-) ... so, I am looking forward to it with a bit of caution (I don't want this to be understood wrongly, I don't attack anyone and the reasons for the differences have been explained sufficiently and adequately). Knowing how much time and effort and love has been invested into it, I will surely buy it and I will surely enjoy it.
No problem, I understand what you mean :)
quintega
Young scout

Post by quintega »

How do you get Sarah masters to make luke an offer? Do you copy her work or not and if not what must you do? I've tried both but either she dies or luke has tom delete the virus