Bug reports

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Bug reports

Post by Lonestar51 »

Possibly the least favorite topic name. ;-)
And I am aware that the first issue might be my own fault...

1) Linux compatibility
I downloaded spirited heart Sep 15, 2012, and it worked fine on Ubuntu 12.04. Now it does not work any longer, and the most likely reason is: I updated to Ubuntu 12.10. (HW is the same).
Error messages:

Code: Select all

me@computername:~/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-linux-x86$ ./Spirited\ Heart\ Deluxe.sh 
./lib/python: 23: ./lib/python: /home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-linux-x86/lib/linux-x86/python.real: not found
./lib/python: 23: ./lib/python: /home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-linux-x86/lib/linux-iliad/python.real: not found
Could not find a python that runs on your platform. Sorry.
There is a phyton on my system installed, but the paths point to the python installed with the game. Which are present. Delete/reinstall did not work.
BTW: Ren'py 6.14.1 works fine.

2) invite < partner >
Version 1.3c on Windows 7: If I invite Reid to go shopping/ whatever vacation, the price goes down instread of up. (Did not try any other sweethearts yet, I suspect they will be the same.)

3) Release history
This thread in the forum ends with 1.3a, and I downloaded 1.3c yesterday.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bug reports

Post by jack1974 »

1) I think the problem is 32-bit / 64-bit, I wanted to update all my old games to use the new Renpy version, but there are still some issues, so I'm waiting for all the bugs to be fixed first
2) yes is correct, they share the expenses if they come with you :)
3) uhm I think the b/c changes were really minor things, going to check if I wrote somewhere what I changed!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes indeed Spirited Heart still uses renpy 6.13. But I guess I can update at least the linux version to 6.14 (I wanted to wait for 6.15 but in this case I can update anyway).
Try redownloading the file again, now should work :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Now that is what I call fast! Thanks a lot for the bugfix.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

oops...

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/jobs.rpy", line 303, in script
  File "game/jobs.rpy", line 305, in python
TypeError: 'float' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/execution.py", line 266, in run
    node.execute()
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/ast.py", line 646, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/python.py", line 1172, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/jobs.rpy", line 305, in <module>
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/ui.py", line 903, in textbutton
    text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/ui.py", line 448, in __call__
    w = self.function(*args, **keyword)
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/text/text.py", line 1019, in __init__
    super(Text, self).__init__(**properties)
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/display/core.py", line 127, in __init__
    self.style = renpy.style.Style(style, properties, heavy=True)
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/style.py", line 810, in __init__
    build_style(self)
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/style.py", line 629, in build_style
    my_updates.extend(expand_properties(p))
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/style.py", line 514, in expand_properties
    newval = func(val)
  File "/home/robert/games/Spirited Heart Deluxe-1.3d-linux/renpy/style.py", line 201, in index_0
    return a[0]
TypeError: 'float' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Linux-3.5.0-17-generic-x86_64-with-debian-wheezy-sid
Ren'Py 6.14.1.366
 1.3d
End of the first encounter with Reid.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ahah yes, now I remembered why I didn't update the game :lol:
Going to try fixing it, basically I need to remove several outdated keywords from the code that aren't compatible with the new version of the framework. Something I'd have to do anyway sooner or later. Please wait :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok please try again, I think I've made all the required changes (I tested until a marriage ending, so should be OK!).
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I wish I would always be able to find and fix bugs this fast. Thank you!

At least one encounter played through succesfully (freebo). Now back for more "testing". :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Good, since the structure is the same if one works, they should work all :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

By now I can confirm that at least for the Ria Romance the game works fine till marriage - normal and Goddess. (I have seen the normal Reid ending on Win with 1.3c, so I can be reasonably sure there is not anything missing.)
If I invite Reid to go shopping/ whatever vacation, the price goes down instread of up.
jack1974 wrote:2) yes is correct, they share the expenses if they come with you :)
OK, so this is design-intent. Hmmm... if a girl invites a boy, this is what I would expect. If playing girl-girl, and using the word "invite", rather not. But you would not want to have different logic depending on gender, so well, why not. ;-)