Heileen 3 best love interest poll! (yuri)

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm

Who is the best love interest in Heileen 3 ? (GxG)

You may select 1 option

View results

Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Heileen 3 best love interest poll! (yuri)

Post by Franka »

Another thing about Ebele:
Spoiler:
She's the "feel good" romance choice. There is nothing wrong with that, I am positive there's an audience for the kind of romance where things go from right to more right.
I'm just happy that there are three other choices that make me all tingly. :flirt:
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Haha, I do agree Ebele was more on the 'perfect' side. When I was writing her, even I thought "huh, not many flaws..." (I love me some flawed characters. <3 )

Juliet was easier to write since she only appeared at the end of the second game. So I had a lot of fun shaping her personality for the yuri version.
Spoiler:
Madance is right with Juliet being the only lesbian. Originally, in the otome version, Morgan broke up with Juliet because she wanted to keep their relationship a secret. I changed it to Morgan being aware that Juliet wasn't attracted to him in that way, and him wanting to break it off while Juliet was still in denial. When Heileen confronts Juliet during that bar fight, Juliet flinches when Heileen brings up the idea of Juliet finding another man.

In the yuri version, she's still in denial but Heileen helps her here.
Ebele's personality (and history) was pretty much established, and played the 2nd game many many times to get an idea of her personality. I didn't spot too many flaws (maybe too cautious, etc of course I might've overlooked something =,) ) and I didn't want to add flaws for the sake of adding flaws when they weren't hinted or indicated in previous installments. ^^; So I was more worried about making Ebele faithful. I did my best to make her the 'comfort' choice, where everything feels right and sweet.

So that really does come down to preference. But even if people aren't into the 'feel good' easy choices, I hoped Ebele was at least fun. Hopefully my own interpretations of the characters (including Morgan, John, even Marie and Lora outside of their routes etc) weren't too jarring to the original writer's, either. ^^;
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well since Ebele is at 2nd place in the poll, means that still many people liked her :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

You are right! Pirates for the win!

Another thing, did you noticed that all yuri options except Marie are brunettes? And that all romanceable guys except Sebastian are Blondes?
O____o
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Well since Ebele is at 2nd place in the poll, means that still many people liked her :)
The nostalgia angle also counts for something. :) It's good that there are choices that appeal to different kinds of people, at least that means that not all the stories are the same, and there's hopefully something for everyone.
thesleepykitten wrote:Juliet was easier to write since she only appeared at the end of the second game. So I had a lot of fun shaping her personality for the yuri version.
And if I've failed to tell you so, you did extremely well.
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

I have yet to actually play the girls-love version, but I wanted to comment that from playing the original, my favorite girls were Juliete and Ebele... I am definitely going to try romancing them once I get the expansion!
MacMac
Young scout

Post by MacMac »

I was in the middle of writing a really long post, but I deleted the content because it was way too long. Anyway making it short -- I wish Magdalene was a love interest instead of Ebele. Ebele despite how much I loved her was just a weird character to romance, in Heileen 2 IIRC (gonna replay it soon) she was like 'Heileen, I don't like women that way, I love Robert as a lover and I love you as a sister' so her being bisexual just seemed forced to me. Anyway, I still like Ebele and I don't really care about her sexuality, but I would've just preferred Magdalene as a love interest just because (cameo in the job ending or at least several scenes she is featured in would have been nice as well). Also the fact that every girl on the ship is bi/lesbian while none of the guys are hinted to be interested in men seemed pretty weird (unless I missed sometihng). :P The end.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

MacMac wrote:I was in the middle of writing a really long post, but I deleted the content because it was way too long. Anyway making it short -- I wish Magdalene was a love interest instead of Ebele. Ebele despite how much I loved her was just a weird character to romance, in Heileen 2 IIRC (gonna replay it soon) she was like 'Heileen, I don't like women that way, I love Robert as a lover and I love you as a sister' so her being bisexual just seemed forced to me. Anyway, I still like Ebele and I don't really care about her sexuality, but I would've just preferred Magdalene as a love interest just because (cameo in the job ending or at least several scenes she is featured in would have been nice as well). Also the fact that every girl on the ship is bi/lesbian while none of the guys are hinted to be interested in men seemed pretty weird (unless I missed sometihng). :P The end.
Well, I kinda agree with you. I love Ebele, but Magdalene makes more sense as a love interest, since in the game "A Trip to Bavaria" is hinted that she were attracted to Heileen(Not to mention, I feel like I'm "stealing" Ebele from Robert, I wish he was a love interest in the Otome version so I could feel better about this... But such is the life T__T). If Johnathan was able to appear in the game, so could Magdalene, it's the same logic. I feel bad, since I actually hoped for her to appear in the game in some way or another, after all, she were kinda important(she appeared in the prequel and in the second game).

On other note, about the guys... I also agree with you. Why couldn't Johnathan be Bisexual or even Sebastian? It would be very interesting.

Oh, by the way:
Spoiler:
I just finished Marie's Romance. I have to admit, I loved the ending, it compensate all the whining, all the irritating behavior and all the trouble she gave me :lol: BUT I still love my Juliet and she still is my favorite(and yes, still is my headcanon XD). So my second favorite is Marie's romance. Now, I just need to overcome my wierd-out feeling towards Lora so I could try to romance her... I hope.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah I thought about that, but remember originally the game was supposed to have only Marie and Lora (like the 1st game). Then thought to add 2 more yuri option, and one just had to be Ebele, for two simple reasons: so I had a black / mulatto person and because for the whole second game there was a supposed romance with her. Then I had to choose between Magdalene and Juliet, but I thought that Juliet was much more interesting character :)

About the bisex males since the game didn't have any BxB romance I didn't think was needed to tell the player who was bisex or not. Dialogue between Heileen and Jonathan:
Heileen: What book did you read recently?
Jonathan: Oh forget about it. Do you know that I am bisex?
Heileen: ... so what? do you want to make a threesome with John?
:lol:

Jokes apart, the fact that none talks about it, doesn't mean that there isn't any bisex male. I'll leave that to everyone's imagination :wink:
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote: About the bisex males since the game didn't have any BxB romance I didn't think was needed to tell the player who was bisex or not. Dialogue between Heileen and Jonathan:
Heileen: What book did you read recently?
Jonathan: Oh forget about it. Do you know that I am bisex?
Heileen: ... so what? do you want to make a threesome with John?
:lol:
I almost fell from my chair laughing right now. :lol: THAT would certanly get my attention, I assure you!

Meh, between Juliet and Magdalene, Juliet is obviously the best in design(just look at her XD) and personality(she is the most complex character in the game, I believe). I still think Magdalene should be at least mentioned, but that's ok, in my headcanon she died in that war(she does speak about a violent war in the second game, during Heileen's dream, so why not? XD) and Heileen still don't know about it, but that's is the reason why she dreamed of her. XDD

...It's a good reason, I believe.

Regardless, I liked the way the Yuri romances were handled, so no worries. :wink: