Roommate game

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
biscuit
Woods ranger

Re: Roommate game

Post by biscuit »

Nice to hear progress! I know the game has been in the works for a while, so I'll have to restrain myself a bit and wait longer. :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

We're about halfway through it I think. But after the writing have still to code the gameplay, do the initial testing... so definitely, next year :oops:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

How's Roommate going?Not heard anything for awhile.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Writer took a small break for the holidays, but we're at a good point of the writing, past Valentine's Day, so halfway of the story. It's going to be a long game, and all the background images are still to be done, so I don't think will come out early, for sure past Summer next year (when I think I have to code and test all those scenes, I faint... :lol:).
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I knew you still had a long way to go but it's nice to know the progress. Like in games it drives me nuts when there is a progress bar because I always need to check to see if I'm any nearer to 100%. :lol:
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

Yup, took a little break for the holidays, but I'm back and plugging away at it now. I've added a bunch of scene skeletons to the script, and then I'm working through filling them in. I was writing a St. Patrick's day event last night :)
I'm also helping out a bit with the editing on Heileen, but that's nearly done with the Yuri version almost complete (And Sleepykitty doesn't need much help anyway, she's good. I'm just providing an extra set of eyes.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes, need to read the new scenes :)
I contacted again the artist that is supposed to draw also all the backgrounds, he took a break of 2 months too but he said would finish all of them by this Summer or earlier, which would be a great timing, since I think the writing should be done by that point 8)
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

Looking forward to this game sooo much.

I just wish there was another GxG option (romancing the redhaired rival could be fun :D), but I guess it's too late for that now?

Anyway, I'll definitely still pick this up when it comes out because I like the writer's sense of humor :).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes can't do changes now. This game is a bit different from the others, since usually you have many romances. In this one there are less (well, if you only play either as male OR female but not both!) but the story develops much longer through several in-game months and during seasonal events which is a new thing for my games :) Also there are new things like kisses BEFORE the romance endings, and so on. More variety.
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

MrEnvy8 wrote: I'm also helping out a bit with the editing on Heileen, but that's nearly done with the Yuri version almost complete (And Sleepykitty doesn't need much help anyway, she's good. I'm just providing an extra set of eyes.)
Heheh, I do apologize for stealing him. On the plus side though he'll have an extra helper when he has to edit/reread all his texts. :D