Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
thezooqueen
Young scout

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by thezooqueen »

Completely understandable, but you could do is when you sign an artist on for a game that you KNOW will likely have expansions etc you should contract them on retainer or whatever for any additional art.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh you have no clue what a giant mess is finding reliable artists. I don't want to talk badly of any of them, but... trust me, some are really painful, disappear for MONTHS and in particular in middle of the work :lol: talking with other indies, it's like that for everyone. If was enough to have them sign a contract, it would be very simple.
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

Ok here is what ya do
1) Find a really good artist
2) Kidnapp them and confine them in a way where they can not damage themself or more importantly their hands.
3) Make sure they eat healthy and feed them a steady diet of prozac.
4) After completion
You know I was going somewhere with this..... LoL
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

I'm not even halfway done the writing and there's already talk about an expansion in this thread. o.o

S-slow down! XD :lol:
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

Just know in our hearts there is a very special place for you :) <3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

thesleepykitten wrote:I'm not even halfway done the writing and there's already talk about an expansion in this thread. o.o

S-slow down! XD :lol:
The yuri version of the first game arrived 2 years after the original was released, so... they will understand. Or maybe not! :mrgreen:
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

>.> We should raise money to have Artist and Writer take a month paid vacation from their day jobs. :mrgreen: :lol:

I mean- what?

<3

As is- AMG got the game to install on lappy- THIS GAME IS ADORABLE! <3

I really hope for the new game that we can unlock Galleries/endings screens. I am a mite OCD on that- Cute Knight's Gallery made one of my fave indie games because it was the first time I'd seen a gallery in a twist on the "princess maker" style life sims.

I love knowing I have all endings now. I'm a completionist- and there is nothing wrong with that- right? :oops:

Also- *easy* way to get Yaoi content-
Main character Male- same love interests. Almost the same art except a few extra CG scenes. <3
Writer can use same dialog in many places- but tweak and twist and change it a bit- I really hope we get at least one forbidden love thing-

I was really hoping for some dialog differences if raised Noble vs Farmer, etc, and this game is totally amazing enough to possibly see that happen!
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

Can't believe I didn't say that earlier! Having your background actually make a difference would be wonderful-- maybe some different dialogue choices, or special events...?
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

I adore the whole Rich girl, Poor Bard headcanon I had for my Noble Demoness and her Bard lover. ;)

Some dialog feeding into it would be, well, fantastic!
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Fearsome wrote:>.> We should raise money to have Artist and Writer take a month paid vacation from their day jobs. :mrgreen: :lol:
I mean- what?
<3

:lol: I wish. I miss the summer, since I was able to write 90 000 words in two months, and that's a good chunk of the game right there. Sadly Spirited Heart 2 (writing) is on hold until I finish the last few scenes for Heileen 3, and then I'll resume it ASAP.
Also- *easy* way to get Yaoi content-
Main character Male- same love interests. Almost the same art except a few extra CG scenes. <3
Writer can use same dialog in many places- but tweak and twist and change it a bit- I really hope we get at least one forbidden love thing-
I wouldn't mind reusing the same love interests, although I'd be curious... If people play as the female, would they also like to play through it as a male as well...? Since I'd try my best to bring fresh events/scenarios so it's not exactly the same if people play through as both genders. ^^ (Unless another writer is picked for the yaoi routes.)

Of course the expansion isn't for a while. Once the game is out, we'll see how the feedback is and what additions (yaoi/yuri/post-marriage story arcs... post-marriage arcs for the yaoi/yuri routes!) people would like. =)
I was really hoping for some dialog differences if raised Noble vs Farmer, etc, and this game is totally amazing enough to possibly see that happen!
I know Jack wants the game specific enough that there are text changes depending on the season. There were four backgrounds (farmer, noble, artist, general) for the first Spirited Heart. It wouldn't be too hard to add special events or change some scenarios around i.e. the elf with the artist background would be right at home in the pottery shop. >.>b Or the noble human knowing who the important people are in society. ;)

I'm not sure what backgrounds will be used yet, but once all the main/bulk of the writing is done, I'll be adding all of the little variations to increase the replayability value. ^^v