Why are Winter Wolves games so expensive?

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
wildcard
Young scout

Re: Why are Winter Wolves games so expensive?

Post by wildcard »

And Jack & Aleema stuff is always good for you ;9
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Unless I get my games on a big portal like Steam, I have really no means to lower prices if I want to keep making more games in future. And I definitely want to 8)
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

:3 And we want you to do that as well... >:D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, honestly I like how it is now. Probably getting there has downsides too, like you need to make the games a certain way, less freedom and for example forget about sexy scenes/characters completely. So I'm not sure what would be better for players... :wink:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Yes we certainly do want you to keep making more as well. So I have no problem with supporting you.
jack1974 wrote:Well, honestly I like how it is now. Probably getting there has downsides too, like you need to make the games a certain way, less freedom and for example forget about sexy scenes/characters completely. So I'm not sure what would be better for players... :wink:
Well there are different types of players, that would have different wants, personally I plan to keep buying direct but that's just me.
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

jack1974 wrote:Well, honestly I like how it is now. Probably getting there has downsides too, like you need to make the games a certain way, less freedom and for example forget about sexy scenes/characters completely. So I'm not sure what would be better for players... :wink:
*gets out weapons* ... Steam can stay where it is - preferably faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from my favourite games >:(
I like my fanservice and eyecandy thank you very much *huffs*

Also I'd probably still buy from the page directly.
The moment there is a third party involved, the producer usually gets less.
Thought I suppose you could load up only the censored version of Loren to steam. Which would make me pity those missing out :3
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

wildcard wrote:
*gets out weapons* ... Steam can stay where it is - preferably faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from my favourite games >:(
I like my fanservice and eyecandy thank you very much *huffs*

Also I'd probably still buy from the page directly.
The moment there is a third party involved, the producer usually gets less.
Thought I suppose you could load up only the censored version of Loren to steam. Which would make me pity those missing out :3

Yah I like to keep away from STEAM thank you very much. I like "owning" the game and with steam it feels more like borrowing it from a library even though I paid for the game, and the free data collecting they get from people is none of their buisness >.<

But fwiw Steam does sell games that does have nudity/sexual content, just as long as it is not a AO rated game, they seem pretty content imo.

I rather give my money to the company itself and leave out the middleman. I know with distributors they tell you what they sell it for and what percentage of the cut they deem acceptable for you to keep unless you are an AAA developer.
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

I don't know if I should hug you jack, or slap you for the recent newsletter.
Now I totally had no excuse anymore to postphone playing Planet Stronghold anymore. Damn. *addicted again*
... When did you say there might be an update for the story of his prince-y-ness? XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah actually Aleema already did it last week - but we changed only the final sentences, so nothing revolutionary. I wanted to wait to rebuild the game with the new Ren'Py version but meanwhile I guess I could already update it...
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

So no enlenghtening of the supposedly short prince-romance? (I read that in another thread)
Btw I found a typo just now - in case you'll still fix them :3
Spoiler:
I'm supposed to kick the Arnox Sentinel and when triggering the ! mark in the middle of the map I find a Sentinel 'trapped' and

Jacob Miles says:
"That's is a Master Robobrain."