this is why I don't like 3d games

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

this is why I don't like 3d games

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL clearly Loren isn't better than Skyrim but... at least the characters doesn't look so ugly! :mrgreen:
fleetp
Druid

Re: this is why I don't like 3d games

Post by fleetp »

I don't care for the Skyrim vampire either. HOWEVER, sexy is in the eye of the beholder.
I happen to think the vampire pictured below is very sexy, even if she doesn't fit the stereotypical female vampire image.

I march to the beat of a different drum.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no I know, that was a joke/provocation. But I found very little games with attractive (both male/female) 3d models. A few I found had good models: Bulletstorm, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect 3 (while I don't think Dragon Age ones were particularly good).
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I tend to like 2d art a lot better, even in other genres of games, such as I prefer fighting games like Blazblue's art, over the 3d models of say DOA or Tekken. Though some do look good like the ones in Mass effect.

On another note, why must you torment us so Jack, knowing that Elenor can't date that Vampire! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, Chambara is not bad either, just wait and see :mrgreen:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I have gotten back into playing Ar Tonelico 2 (had a break when a flood of new games came out) I must say the 2d drawing are great eye candy
Gerulo
Young scout

Post by Gerulo »

Think it would depend on the artist that made the model, some 3D models are just glorious.
Tsukasa Buddha
Young scout

Post by Tsukasa Buddha »

I think the peak for me is 2d/3d hybrids like Disgaea, Okami or the SMT series. There's going to be an RPG by Studio Ghibli next spring on the PS3 and it looks like you are playing a Miyazaki anime!

The trend in AAA games these days has been grey and grungy. Look at Gears of War and Mass Effect.

This is one of the big reasons why I've been pushed into DS and PSP games.
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

I can like both. But as a sucker for Art, I wouldn't want the pretty art from Loren to disappear to be replaced completly by 3D.
If so, then like already suggested, like Shin Megamui Tensei series (Persona, Lucifer's Call/Nocture, Digital Devil Saga and others) or Ar Tonelico :3

Also: I don't know what you guys complain about in Skyrim. The majority of the females you can marry are pretty.
DID YOU CHECK OUT THE MALE CAST?!!?!?!?!? I dumped all but 3 instantly from the *possible marriage candidates list*. What the heck did they do with the elves? Also I was unable to create a really good looking NON-WRINKLY male as character at all. -.- *grumbling*

Oh! I liked the way Jack did the battle screen in Stronghold thought. Not that I mind the Loren one :3 just saying :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Battles in PS are more "spectacular" because you see the big enemies, but there's less strategy (no front/back row for example) and less party members.
I am not sure yet how will do the battles in the sequel. I like both Loren and PS battle system, but Loren is more complete... hmm