UBM wishlist!

Boxing management simulation game
jack1974
Pack leader

UBM wishlist!

Post by jack1974 »

This is the wishlist / planned update for this game. You're free to post suggestions here, and if I think it's possible to implement your requested feature, I'll add it on the list (so everything is in one single place). I tried to include all suggestions made in other threads but if I forgot something remind me please! thanks

· referee stops match if a boxer is trying to get up from a KO with minimum endurance (so he would probably get down again with 2 punches)
· swimming pool option in training
· More purchasable items. Skill specific training items.
· cornermen and cut men added.
· Being able to buy a larger "gym" which would then allow you to train more than 6 fighters
· The ability to hold sparring matches between fighters in your stable.
· better contract negotiation (terms)
· Other managers could try to steal fighters from you.
· other fighters should challenge you and you have the option to reject or accept the offer
· if you're #1, you can't refuse to fight a boxer that aim for the title, so you're forced to fight within some months
· different fight venues and these should be determined by a fighters rank
· When you have a fighter ranked in the top 10 you should be able to negotiate Pay Per View contracts.
· limit the skill a boxer can reach only through training. they need to fight and win to reach the highest skills values
· more options for fight strategies
Last edited by jack1974 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

I think we need mandatory challengers to go with the challenges from other boxers. I can duck anyone I feel like for as long as I feel like, we should be forced to fight certain guys (like if you're the champion you have to fight #2 within 3 fights say) so that they get their legitimate title shot. Course with that you need to force them down when they lose, I have beaten #2 three times in a row and there he stays at #2.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks. Indeed is true, must "force" boxers to fight once they're #1. And if they lose they need to go down. Going to add that in the list :)
gmoses
Young scout

Post by gmoses »

Just found this game and have been playing the last two days non-stop. Very nice fun game.

Hope you don't get too carried away and make the update too complicated. It's a nice beer-and-pretzals game for when I don't want to think too hard.

Mostly I would just like to have a little more info on the opponent during the fight. I can't devine a whole lot from the 3 bars that show during the rounds. It would be nice to know how much damage he has taken or how fatigued he is.

I look forward to any updates/new versions. :)
iulius
Young scout

Post by iulius »

Yes, I agree with gmoses. While I Can understand that the "expert" of boxing might want more features (I'm just having fun with it, but I know half of the rules!), I wouldn't complicate the game too much.
SUre adding new stuff, but not too many things to do :lol:
A nice thing could be showing a number of the damage.
Like "Mike Tyson punches Evander Holyfield for 20 dmg" , I know would seem like a RPG, but why not? having a number instead of the bars can let me know exactly what my fighter does

Please consider it as an update :wink:
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Well...maybe "he landed a good right there", "the jab was weak". The commentary that we have now doesn't really seem to go with the results, but that's my opinion.
iulius
Young scout

Post by iulius »

In the text-mode fight, you have that, "weak right punch" or "strong uppercut", etc.
But displaying directly the values would be cool in my opinion:
weak right punch (5 dmg)
strong left jab (20 dmg)

then check how much stamina left in a numeric way... don't know maybe I'm too used to RPGs, but would look nice 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The dmg system won't be a problem since there is already in the game, obviously, I just don't print the exact values on screen :wink:
Maybe I'll add it as an option though, not by default.

Post by Guest »

Why couldn't there be a screen at the end of each round showing your opponents stats and the damage done to various body parts as is shown for the players boxer between rounds.

That would give you some sence as to whether you are winning or losing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, even if shouldn't be very accurate, if wants to be realistic. I mean, if in real boxe the fighter could know exactly what he did to the opponent... would be too easy ;)

But at least show the appearance of the three point (eyes, face, chest) like for your boxer, that can be done indeed.