boxing manager, nice game!

Boxing management simulation game
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Got a new one on you... but it may not be an error. Late in the fight my guy got knocked down, but as the count was going the ref decided that my guy had done a number on the other, I got the technical knockout. But the count kept going to 10 (he would have gotten up normally, he had plenty of energy left). I was decared the winner per the technical, but what a weird way to do it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, I think that's just a minor problem, since the result was still correct. Maybe was the latest change I made to prevent KOs movement bug... for now I wouldn't consider it a serious problem :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I think there are a few too many one punch knockdowns by my opponents. I usually score a knockdown when I get their energy level down. But frequently they throw one punch when my guy has high energy and he goes crashing to the canvas. While it doesn't do too much for the energy, and usually my guy can come back and get the knockout by the end of the fight, it makes for some tough scores should it go to a decision.

That being said, I've seen the occasional one punch knockout that we talked about in the past, and that is really cool, on both sides.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, the one-punch knockdowns should happen even when energy of the boxer is high. It basically should happen rarely though, but still should be possible, so that a well placed punch can bring down even a stronger opponent and add a bit of suspence to all the fights!

if you already knew you would win all fight wouldn't be much fun :)

I'm thinking to add in the new update a difficulty level, controlling all those aspects and also how many skillpoint you can assign to the manager, I think is the best solution.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Agreed on the end, it'll make for a better challenge, or an easier time as it were.

I do wish to win all fights, and I choose opponents very carefully. That is where my skill comes in and why I enjoy it, matching up my guys right is my number 1 job as a manager. :D

My thing with the one punch is that it's happening twice a fight, a little more often than reality don't you think?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well yes, if I remember there were some matches with 2 single punch KO but surely is very rare. I can introduce a check to limit this event, since indeed isn't very realistic now :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Along the same lines but a little different... we need the killer instinct to be there. A guy might floor and have hurt his opponent, then spend the rest of the round and not throw a single punch when he most likely could finish him off.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah ok, think understand what you mean. I'll make some tests to see how I can add this "killer instinct" ! :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Good luck... I realized later how easily that can cross over into "wreaking ball" lol.
Tobi
Young scout

Post by Tobi »

wow, i have now a boxer with skills in 70 and he is 17 years old :shock:

Otherwise i had only start rates like 20...