UBM wishlist!

Boxing management simulation game
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wow thought money was fixed. Thanks for reporting that. And ok, I'll remove the cheat ;)
The training change seems very original. Thanks again for suggesting.
I'm currently finishing a project that should be done within 2 weeks and then I'll finally make a one big update of UBM with all those (and the other ones) suggestions!
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Temptation depends on the person, I say keep it! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha now I remember who was the person who asked me for a cheat code ;)
I think I'll allow it, but in option screen, and in this case I'll detract points from your overall score (after all if you cheat!).
I want to allow people to upload their career records online, in future versions of UBM, but of course I can't allow them to cheat... :roll:
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Hehehe. I wouldn't know about final score, I've never managed to finish a career. Either money weirdness has happened or I just started a different career.

A thought on the training change... included should be a "tenacity" kind of thing. Where if he doesn't like jumping rope but he's soooo committed to his boxing he'll do it anyway because he's a hard worker. Maybe that would be a lazy/hardworking factor.

Then it would be hard to get a great champion. For a guy with all the talent in the world may be lazy and never get anywhere. The hard working guy just might not have what it takes.

Of course, you know me, I'll find a way. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I'm sure you would find a way !
Indeed I think I'm going to add a "hidden parameter" like tenacity. So you can't be sure to have found the next big champion unless you see him fighting on the ring.
So many good promising young fighter lost themselves during the path to success in the past...!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: UBM wishlist!

Post by jack1974 »

So long since I last updated this thread! I just wanted to let everyone know that I've started working on UBM3d:
still a long way to go, but it's finally happening! 8)
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

Hah! that's excellent news!!
Any hopes of having also your other old game "The Goalkeeper" translated into 3d real time?
gino
Young scout

Post by gino »

The boxer looks very good!!
Will it be manager only or you 'll be able to fight directly with your boxer?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

mastro: if UBM3d does well, could think about doing a 3d version of goalkeeper too.
gino: no, it will be a manager/simulation game sorry :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today finished the fight UI, I think looks good enough. In this sequel you'll be able to adjust the boxer fight strategy anytime, even during the fight itself: