Volleyball Heaven beta

A mature dating sim with optional volleyball simulation https://www.winterwolves.com/volleyballheaven.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Volleyball Heaven beta

Post by Franka »

There's no longer any scheduler or anything like that in the game, right? You should probably remove all that Pixie talk about getting a scheduler, if so. In fact, I'd recommend removing everything about imaginary friend Pixie from the game. It reads like the writer trying to justify writing for a game and commenting on how we're actually playing a game with choices, not following some kind of real story. In other words, it's immersion breaking (especially when it breaks the fourth wall).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol, indeed talking about the scheduler doesn't make sense. I forgot to change that. For sure I'll remove the scheduler thing, removing Pixie completely is not so easy since there are other several points in the story where he's referenced to... so could be a problem to do it well.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yeah, I get it's a big change to make throughout the whole story, and why you'd want to not start on that. Anyway, other than that and the swearing, I don't think I have any serious issues. Maybe, as always, get an editor to look at it, there's a lot of missing words and typos - that is, if you can find an editor who'll put up with all the fucks. Ok, ok, I've said enough about that. :lol:

Unpacking the CGs was fun too, I think I know who to romance first when I get back to it (away from comp over the weekend).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just got an email from writer to discuss about this, in the end at least reducing the "fuck amount" :lol: and removing Pixie shouldn't be a big effort as I thought. I'll see tomorrow if I have some free time to do that :) as for word and typos, I have given up lol it's impossible - really even using 500 editors there WILL ALWAYS BE missing words and typos. So even in future games I'd rather spend that money to add more hot CGs instead :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So I tried to do the changes but... nope. I know this is probably going to hurt sales, but I want to keep it as it is - including Pixie and the fucking fuck words :lol:
Seriously as I was editing it, some sentences made no sense without Pixie and Lana was no longer herself without a fuck every two words. It felt really strange and "wrong". So no, I'm sorry for those who don't like that, but I can't see myself doing this. A bit because I'd have to spend even more time on this game and I want to move on, but also because then it would become like all my other games, making it pointless as "experiment" as it always was meant to be.

After all I already have written on the store pages "strong language" so people will know what they're going to find in it :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Thanks for giving it a shot at least. :)

If this was a maturity experiment, I have to disagree that excessive strong language is mature, but I think I've made my point. I hope it does well regardless of my own feelings on the matter.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, not in the sense of mature, but in "something very different from my past games" (in term of story of course since there's no gameplay here).
I have planned other mature games (as contents/amount of erotic images etc) without strong language :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I think there's something wrong here. I spent Halloween with Zoe (didn't plan to, but relationship max, oops). One of the next scenes is the sponsor results scene with Jade, and it refers to having spent Halloween with Jade at a café? ("The cafe Jade took me to was where we'd gone on Halloween night")
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes weird can you tell me the line numbers (F1 key). Also now in the game folder I have a file called label_log.txt that basically is a history of the labels, how they were called, useful to reproduce / understand this kind of issues. If you can just post here the last 5-6 labels I could understand what happened. It might just be a few lines in that Jade scene that shouldn't play and that's all (hopefully).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

This scene:

These would be the relevant labels:
2020-04-24 11:50:33 HighestRelationshipCheck
2020-04-24 11:50:38 Zoe03_Sc018a5_Halloween
2020-04-24 11:50:38 changemusic
2020-04-24 12:03:35 changerel
2020-04-24 12:04:20 simpletitle
2020-04-24 12:04:24 Jade03_Sc018_SponsorResults
2020-04-24 12:39:28 Jade03_Sc018a_SponsAirAsgard
2020-04-24 12:39:30 changerel
2020-04-24 12:39:52 Jade03a_Sc018a1_AirAsgardCoffee

Also, lol, this is not how you drive a car...