Volleyball Heaven beta

A mature dating sim with optional volleyball simulation https://www.winterwolves.com/volleyballheaven.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Volleyball Heaven beta

Post by Franka »

Could you just do a search for "could care less" and replace with "couldn't care less"? They really don't mean the same thing...

Also, I found another inconsistency. If you get hired by Jade, you go shopping for clothes. You can choose to go with either Jade or Lana. But even if you go with Lana, Jade still refers to you going shopping with her in this later event:

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I'll need to add a check for that then :)
About the care less I'll ask the writer what he says, of course they don't mean the same thing but maybe there's a reason (I'm not native English speaker while he is, so want to ask first).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

My weekend date didn't amount to anything (damn COVID-19), so here's an actual error!

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/plot/part4.rpy", line 831, in <module>
NameError: name 'BestFriend' is not defined
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha sorry about your date :)
Thanks it's just that I forgot to remove a line, you should be able to click "ignore" and safely continue!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I know, that's what I did.

Yay, I finished all paths! Emily is best girl (and best MILF). Jade path was the most difficult, since she got fewest points, needed to be highest in points, and you also needed to win all the matches so you couldn't just drop everyone else. Zoe path was pretty brutal...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool thanks for confirming that they all work as expected :) And yes some are easier than others indeed.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just to let you know the writer got back on the could care less thing and explained:
"This is one of the many small but important differences between British and American idiomatic English. British English uses "I couldn't care
less" but Americans almost always use "I could care less". My usage for this game is correct and they do actually mean the same thing - "I really don't care about this"."
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yeah, upon further research, unfortunately for the English language, we've come to the point where it's generally accepted to use either.

As Mirriam-Webster states: "There have been numerous theories about why people began to drop the negative particle, including sarcasm, lack of education, and that the phrase simply sounds better when omitting the not."

When I see "could care less", I always think "lack of education". In other words, I'm fine with Lana saying it that way, she already comes across like that. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha you should be relieved that she doesn't say "I could fucking care less"! It would be even more appropriate for Lana :lol:
jaf2200
Young scout

Post by jaf2200 »

hey, I just wanted to give you a Some feedback on VBH, this is an awesome game and I am enjoying it very much, have gone through two LI Paths so far ZOE, and Rika, I enjoyed Rika's more then Zoe's, although Zoe is Awesome in her own way a little on the needs to be in charge kind of way, I am now going to try Lana's and Jade's and still trying to figure out how to get Emily's as well, I have a few thought's on Lana but don't want to ask too much for spoilers but I think and I will know more as I progress with her to know if I am right on where I think the writers might have been trying to go with her, I will let you know after I have done her Path, also I was doing the Christmas speech and I didn't get the for getting them in the right order I don't know if maybe I didn't do the right order or not, I did the start then I did the sponsors and the collage then the teammates and Emily and then the fans in that order so I don't know if I got it right or not because it didn't unlock so maybe you could let me know, thanks again for your great games and you have hit a home run on this game just my opinion, keep up the great work and I am looking forward to your other games like this one in the future, awesome game great job this one has some funny moments and some really heavy moments that make you think, great work and thanks again for another great game.....