development thread

A mature dating sim with optional volleyball simulation https://www.winterwolves.com/volleyballheaven.htm
FenCayne
Young scout

Re: development thread

Post by FenCayne »

Franka wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:32 pm Fourth wall breaking is fine when the story is being presented as if it was narrated to us by the protagonist, but I'm not at all fond of fourth wall breaking when it reminds us strongly that we're really just playing a game.
That quote on the screenshot is a bit misleading out of context. Kayla isn't speaking to you, the player, but to another unseen, named character. It still is kind of fourth-wall breaking, but hopefully not as blatant as it seems... :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

FenCayne wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 am
Franka wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:32 pm Fourth wall breaking is fine when the story is being presented as if it was narrated to us by the protagonist, but I'm not at all fond of fourth wall breaking when it reminds us strongly that we're really just playing a game.
That quote on the screenshot is a bit misleading out of context. Kayla isn't speaking to you, the player, but to another unseen, named character. It still is kind of fourth-wall breaking, but hopefully not as blatant as it seems... :)
That makes me considerably less worried, thanks!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Pfuit, remember that I have 99 skill level in "picking the most wrong/inapproprate/misleading" screenshots from any of my games! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Jade together with Shiori from Summer In Trigue are my two favorite characters design of this artist. I know some people don't like this style but personally I find it very cute 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ha!!! I didn't notice but my super skill worked once again! I posted the screenshot with a typo (presense instead of presence).
Haha if I keep posting screenshots I can find all the bugs and typos of every game :mrgreen:
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

FenCayne wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 am That quote on the screenshot is a bit misleading out of context. Kayla isn't speaking to you, the player, but to another unseen, named character. It still is kind of fourth-wall breaking, but hopefully not as blatant as it seems... :)
I don't find it fourth-wall breaking, because I'm Kayla, the protagonist (which is clearly stated as that's who you play). Just like in TV, I would construe it as a character either mumbling thoughts to themselves (a normal thing in 3D narrative), or she is talking to someone else, which of course in static 2D, both are kind of hard to see off the bat.

I think sometimes people are too sensitive about these things! :lol:
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 am I posted the screenshot with a typo (presense instead of presence).
Haha if I keep posting screenshots I can find all the bugs and typos of every game :mrgreen:
Hey! I hope you aren't gonna blame me for Kayla's poor spelling! :shock:
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

Rebly82 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:49 pm
FenCayne wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 am That quote on the screenshot is a bit misleading out of context. Kayla isn't speaking to you, the player, but to another unseen, named character. It still is kind of fourth-wall breaking, but hopefully not as blatant as it seems... :)
Just like in TV, I would construe it as a character either mumbling thoughts to themselves (a normal thing in 3D narrative), or she is talking to someone else...
Yes... that could be it... :? :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

FenCayne wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:40 am Hey! I hope you aren't gonna blame me for Kayla's poor spelling! :shock:
Haha well I think that players will be engrossed in the story (and as well "other things"... :wink:) so that they won't even notice :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Zoe's Introduction: blog/2017/07/volleyball-heaven-introducing-zoe/

She's a very particular character, very controversial. One thing is sure, this yuri game won't be anything like I've done before. Is it a good thing? time will tell! :mrgreen: