Love Bites 1.0.1

A supernatural-themed dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/lovebites.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Love Bites 1.0.1

Post by jack1974 »

Official game page: https://winter-wolves.itch.io/love-bites

What's New In 1.0.1
- the "Unlock all jealousy scenes" achievements with Brandon and Kaitlyn weren't working because I referenced wrong variables. Now in version 1.0.1 they should work correctly (they'll unlock around week 5-6 if you've seen all the jealousy scenes with all the other love interests)

What's New In 1.0.0
Just changed the version number since releasing the final game as "0.7.8" was a bit weird :lol: Anyway after 20 days of zero bug reports, the game is officially out now!

What's New In 0.7.7
- fixed some typos and wrong speaker's name
- if you pick the option "Demand Mark's money", $45 will be added to your Money amount (before nothing was added)

What's New In 0.7.6
- fixed two sudden-endings (one in Viktor's path and another in the alone route) that were linked to temporary texts, now should be OK!

What's New In 0.7.5
- fixed wrong help text about gifts referring to wrong week
- at the epilogues the characters would "wear" their latest outfit, so for example Nadia/Brandon had them in their underwear
- still at the ending there were some wrong pronouns
- fixed several crashes in the gallery screen when replaying the romance CG endings

What's New In 0.7.4
- after a scene is played, Brandon/Kaitlyn outfit will be reset to default to avoid some funny displays (especially after some nightmare scenes where the main character could lose a limb or two...)
- at the end of the game when showing the epilogue, if you ended with the alone path, the game still attempted to display your partner (even if was none) resulting in a small error message at bottom of the screen
- some other typos fixed

What's New In 0.7.3
- updated to latest Ren'Py version
- fixed the first Nadia/Brandon encounter when mentioning Nick (she already met in the intro so that was a plot-hole)
- Nadia swimsuit outfit added, she no longer goes around in lingerie on the beach!
- the right image for the young nun has been added!
- some minor typos/fixes

What's New In 0.7.2
- the Relax activity in the weekends wasn't costing anything, now the proper cost has been implemented
- fixed a problem of both the gift and the relationship change pop-ups windows overlapping. Now they don't overlap anymore
- enlarged the text area of the lines displayed while the weekly job are done, so the text doesn't overflow anymore
- disabled rollback during the weekend activities to prevent accidental crashes

What's New In 0.7.1
- fixed a bug that because of the "alone path" wasn't showing the romance routes anymore! (only the main plot scenes). Now it should work.

I updated both the demo and the full version. It's a beta, so there WILL be bugs :) However, all the game content it's in there, all romances, endings, achievements!

The ONLY missing thing is the Nadia's swimsuit outfit, so if during the beach date scene you'll see her wearing a lingerie, don't freak out :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As usual: pressing F1 while the dialogue is showing (not during a choice) will print on top-left screen the file/line number (useful to report typos bugs) and I'd recommend to save at beginning of each in-game week, both for you to not lose progress and for me in case you find any bug :)

Special thanks to Miakoda for working so hard on this game!
grey_duck
Young scout

Re: Love Bites beta 0.7

Post by grey_duck »

jack1974 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:40 am As usual: pressing F1 while the dialogue is showing (not during a choice) will print on top-left screen the file/line number (useful to report typos bugs) and I'd recommend to save at beginning of each in-game week, both for you to not lose progress and for me in case you find any bug :)
That would have been helpful to know the first time I tried compiling typos in Cursed Lands. I gave up after losing my file, but with this knowledge in hand, it'll be much faster and smoother. Yay! I'll give it another shot.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I forgot to write at those times (or maybe I did but got lost in middle of 50+ posts :lol:). Thanks
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

ok so I bought the game when it was 16.99 but now it says I hafta pay again this time 19.99 if I want play the full game I thought i already bought the full game when I paid 16.99 I don't really wanna pay again but I will if it's necessary.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No that's an error, will email you a link :)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

are there some missing scene??? After the intro the only scene I saw are the "something strange happen than you wake up", I never see a scene with a love interest until the jealousy scene between Tyrone and Victor, then when I chosed one (Tyrone) only then I saw a scene with him(about what he will do during summer which ther was a bug)

It was also at that moment that I could start to buy gift or go on date but the sprite for tyronne didn't appear(image "i_ smiling1" not found)during the date and there was no dialogue(only a choice)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No you should see a scene each week with each love interest (from week 3 or 4 you will reduce the job/romances by 1 until the jealousy scene).
That's weird though, I mean I tested it and was working. If you have some saves when that happens send them to me :)
Elicendre
Young scout

Post by Elicendre »

Exizel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 pm are there some missing scene??? After the intro the only scene I saw are the "something strange happen than you wake up", I never see a scene with a love interest until the jealousy scene between Tyrone and Victor, then when I chosed one (Tyrone) only then I saw a scene with him(about what he will do during summer which ther was a bug)

It was also at that moment that I could start to buy gift or go on date but the sprite for tyronne didn't appear(image "i_ smiling1" not found)during the date and there was no dialogue(only a choice)
I've the same problem, i try different path with Nadia and Sabrina but nothing change :/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK wait lol, I just tried and you're right. I need to find out why (happens only in release mode!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Love Bites beta 0.7.1

Post by jack1974 »

I just updated it, I also tested with Brandon and the romance scenes should now play! Sorry about that, was due to implementing the alone path, by default it was showing that route (so no romances at all :lol:).