Progress Report

A supernatural-themed dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/lovebites.htm
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Progress Report

Post by Miakoda »

Much like with PSCD, I will include a small progress report as things move along.

Right now, I have the story outlined/storyboarded, as well as almost all of the romance paths, and the ending. I will start in full-time for the writing starting tomorrow. I anticipate to be almost done by the end of August if things come together.

As for the art, the artist has done a great job with the character sprites. Pretty much the biggest thing left for her will be the CGs.

And speaking of art, there are some great new backgrounds that I absolutely love, some of the best Jack1974 has in my opinion.

I want to assure everyone that even though Kaitlyn and Brandon will be romancing the same people, the romance/friendship dialogues won't be just a name switched, or a singular line which changes depending on the person.

As for why I am not further along, my brain needed a short break after PSCD was done (there was over 200,000 words for it), and the dayjob ramped up. I should have things taken care of, so that isn't a concern.
Last edited by Miakoda on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Progress Report

Post by jack1974 »

Haha if all writers were like you, I could release 3 games a year steadily :mrgreen: thanks for your work!
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Well if the writing is as good as PSCD, then I know I will love this game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think might even be better, depending on your tastes. There will be the usual humor but also dark/scary stuff. There's a story sample in the forum and I think is very cool :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Yes I loved Miakoda's writing on PSCD and looking forward to seeing any/all of her future work!
vexingaura
Young scout

Post by vexingaura »

Sylrissa wrote:Yes I loved Miakoda's writing on PSCD and looking forward to seeing any/all of her future work!
I can certainly second this opinion the writing in PSCD was fantastic it covered parts of alien culture that more mainstream games are too afraid to cover it really made me appreciate the genre more. I certainly 10 times more interested in this game now I know who the writer is. Thank you so much for any updates.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:There will be the usual humor but also dark/scary stuff.
Does that mean this will be a horror-game?
'Cause I LOVE those kindsa things!!!!! :twisted:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

First, I want to thank everyone for their kind words. I certainly hope it doesn't disappoint you :)
BobTheMob wrote: Does that mean this will be a horror-game?
There will be some elements like that in the game. Hints of it were in some of the profiles which were on the blog posts. And yes, the title deliberately ties into the game as well ;)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Miakoda wrote: I want to assure everyone that even though Kaitlyn and Brandon will be romancing the same people, the romance/friendship dialogues won't be just a name switched, or a singular line which changes depending on the person.
I am very glad to hear this as I was a bit worried about this (I know this sentence isn't very refrained but lack of sleep is preventing me to think of a better way to put it, hope you know what I mean).

Also I wanted to say what everybody else is saying in this topic and to agree with it about having great expectations for writing of this game knowing you are the one writing it, I only had one negative thing to say about writing of PSCD and that is what I already did say and you then assured me that that won't be a case in game you are writing for next so 'your writing' - 'only negative thing about story you had written before' = 'me expecting perfection' :)

PS: I have no idea how I missed this topic considering I had been stalking this forum every day, I guess I will have to level up my forum stalking skills.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

DarkWolf wrote:I am very glad to hear this as I was a bit worried about this (I know this sentence isn't very refrained but lack of sleep is preventing me to think of a better way to put it, hope you know what I mean).
There will be some commonality in the main plot/story, but I think that is to be expected. The romances dialogues themselves will be separate as mentioned.

Anyways, onto more official news:
The artist has just now started sketching some of the CGs, and there are a couple I think will be personal favorites.

As for writing, I plan on having everything done before September. Of course, that doesn't mean the game will be ready then.