Who is your favorite character, and why?

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm

Favorite character?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kuiper
Young scout

Who is your favorite character, and why?

Post by Kuiper »

We already have a poll for best love interest, but I'm curious to hear which characters are the most beloved out of the entire cast. The poll asks you to choose just one, but if you can't choose just one, leave a post listing your favorites!

As the game's main writer, I'm also curious to hear why your favorite characters are your favorites. Was there a particular moment or scene that made you instantly like them? Any memorable quotes that made them stick out in your mind? Or did you like them for some other reason (gameplay, visual style)?

Oh, and for a bit of a twist, which characters were your least favorite, and why? (Feel free to name characters that aren't included in the poll, like boss enemies and other villains.)
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Re: Who is your favorite character, and why?

Post by DunKalar »

Nuala was best, because she loves stories, is curious and is so positively stupid sometimes (e.g. her fewd with Nue) :D

Malone and her dog where interesting because they were just so .... out of place :D

Dasyra was cool, because this harmless looking and innocently behaving lady was so thrilled by combat and adventure xD.

Leena was a bit ... unapproachable at the beginning because she was so tunneled in her amazon's view. Although she became quite sociable at the end.

Sylrissa was a bit too offensive for my taste xD The Enok / Apolimesho-interaction was great.
Last edited by DunKalar on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

My fav romance was Leena. But if I have to say the best character is Enok. He's really too fun, charming, unpredictable. I also loved the Chambara/Bambara continous references :lol:
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

When taken from a whole-game perspective - art, combat, romance, writing - Sylrissa is my go-to.

But for this poll, I'm focusing on the writing, so I chose Nuala. I find she has an interesting and unique world view, and her enthusiasm can be infectious at times. I also appreciate that she has a bit of an "animal" side to her, that comes out in some of the camp talk scenes, and especially in the romance scenes (and the jealousy scene, if that happens). She wears her heart on her sleeve, and is very straightforward, which is refreshing. I also feel like you learn a lot about the Dunemarchers just through casual conversation with her. Other moments I enjoy are those where she lets her enthusiasm get away from her, such as when she tackles the MC of hugs them so tightly they can barely breathe,

Sylrissa is fun because she vacillates between the extreme confidence she has as a warrior, plunging joking into battle, and her blushing, bumbling schoolgirl nature when being romanced. Nuance!

There are many other characters who are interesting because their dialogue gets into a wide range of views, covering politics, meditation, baking, etc. I've really enjoyed the camp talk in this game.

As for least favorites: I realize she's a recently turned thrall, but Valery's sycophantic repetition of everything Zachary says became grating after awhile.

Lastly, I'm adding a secret bonus vote for young Breza.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It's funny, I found some of the characters we know the least about to be the most interesting. Such as Malone and Diego, characters with an intriguing artistic design that I also want to know more about, other than the brief, biased background stories we're told by others.

Meanwhile, I had to force myself to enter the Zachary/Valerie paths, both because they were creepy in a stalker kind of way and because their characters were just really grating to me. I feel they were written in an attempt to be somewhat suave and alluring, but I wanted to murder them from the very first scene they appeared (luckily I can murder them in another game).
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Franka wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:07 pm It's funny, I found some of the characters we know the least about to be the most interesting. Such as Malone and Diego, characters with an intriguing artistic design that I also want to know more about, other than the brief, biased background stories we're told by others.
Agreed. Adede and Malone were both fairly interesting. The jury is out on Zephyr. Nootau can choke on his own bombs, though. Seriously, screw that guy. But I always appreciate humanized villains, and its one of the things I think Winter Wolves does well -- the alien races in PSCD, for example.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since I helped writing many characters scenes I won't vote, however I agree on the vampires. I had those designs left from the great Loren's artist, and they were really cool/original but Kuiper managed to do them justice with very interesting characters :)
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Some characters I loved, some I hated... but I guess I will find something to say about every single one of them. Going to list them from best to worst in my opinion. ^^

I voted for Vaeril, because of the whole fallen druid thing. Characters struggling with dark powers they are not supposed to have are always my cup of tea. Also Vaeril always acts so kind and calm despite his powers and at the same time stays perfectly reserved. He is one of the characters I have the easiest time to get along with.

Second place might be Kusho. (The only character in this game where I really think it's a shame he's not romancable :,D)
I like his attentive nature and him being so honest, almost brash at times, yet never completely letting go of that mysterious part of him.
(And I really had to laugh about that scene with Myrth. Omg. :lol: )

While I like both Enok and Sylrissa for their funny dialogues... I have to say Enok wins this match. Him always being after the finest of cooking ingredients... it made me laugh so much. :lol: Also it makes him strangely adorable. :3

Jasper's philosophical questions also are something I'm very fond of.

Galan and Dasyra are incredibly well written. I love how they contrast each other (Galan trying to become calmer and Dasyra finding out she needs excitement in her life) and share their personal development with the MC.

Larik is my bro. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Karen and Apolimesho fit neatly into the story as mentors and are - as always - pretty interesting characters. ^^
That being said: I'd love to see a game someday about Apolimesho's younger days. :)

Zachary and Valery... hands down - I love them as the crazy vampires they are. :lol:

Cedric has some interesting things to tell... but that's it about him.

Thomas... I don't know... I always smile when he appears. I guess that means I like him. Or is it his grumpy face? :lol:

Nuala is very well written. No doubt about that. But something about her makes me feel uneasy. Could be that I see too much of me in her... so as character I like her, but not as romance option. :lol:

Senya... well... she's good I guess. She had too little screentime though to make me feel one way or the other about her.

Leena I greatly dislike. She's all about being tough and even though there are scenes where she's showing her soft side - they fail to change my mind about her. Mostly maybe because I find the whole amazon culture exhaustingly annoying. :roll:
(Except the griffons. The griffons are cute. :3)

And lastly there is Geraldine... omg... I don't know - I just hate her and her opinions.
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
anita
Young scout

Post by anita »

All of them. This game is just a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
I think many people (me included for a while) were too much obsessed by "when Loren 2 is out" that they're going to completely miss this masterpiece. I have no doubts this is your best game, MUCH better than Loren. Yes Loren has more characters - but the main story is not so original as this one.

I wish you luck and I hope to be wrong but will be hard to do a better game than this with Loren 2 :wink:
wolfmare
Young scout

Post by wolfmare »

Poor kusho :mrgreen: