Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
myoksy
Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.9.8b (full content)

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:53 pm Yes I meant the box on the left, I can add a highlight to the current team portraits as well, no problem :)
that's a nice addition but not what I tried to say (and obviously failed).

in the pre-battle screen available chars (the vertical bar on the left with 6 slots) shows mandatory chars with a yellow name. it is easy to see which chars have to be active. the marker is missing in the active chars bar (the horizontal bar lower middle with 4 slots).

I was under the impression, that the main char has to be active in all encounters, with the exception of arena fights. but this is not true, something I only realized because of a screen shot you posted with a boss fight and no MC active.

I even have a relevant use case for this: it would be nice to see in multi-part encounters which chars can be swapped out to heal. at the moment one has to deactivate them to learn if they are mandatory or not.

(last try to explain this, I'll shut up now. promise!)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.9.9 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh sorry now I understand! :lol:
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.9.8b (full content)

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:37 pm Ah yes, then that might be a bug - UNLESS the enemies used a "total HP reduction" skill? now that I remember that was the confusing point even that last time, and I wrote down to add a visual indicator of the effect, but then I probably forgot :lol:
That's what I was complaining about!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha it was you then, I remembered someone complained about that bug, but it was during a pretty intense debugging moment so I probably forgot about it completely :)
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I was playing in VN mode and got Kusho's assassin of assassins quest, to be completed by day 51. There was never an opportunity to do it. On day 51, I failed the quest, and afterwards, could talk to Kusho in GrandTree and launch the mission, at which point I succeeded.

It was kind of fun to fail a quest and then succeed at it. :)
dragon
Young scout

Post by dragon »

I noticed a bug related to the merchant's ability. When I buy an Item it actually will take more gold than it says and can even result in a negative gold amount.
dragon
Young scout

Post by dragon »

I chose merchant for my bonus ability and while the shop amounts show me a reduced gold cost. When I purchase the item it takes more gold than it says and can even cause a negative gold amount.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I'll just leave this here:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/plot/kusho.rpy", line 664, in <module>
NameError: name 'kusho_future' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 799, in script call
    "������
  File "game/plot/kusho.rpyc", line 664, in script
    ��xC�4�4����~C�v���/��\�в�X��`�9�򯮍�5Trk�Jn-ހ���gmC�[������G����E�: 54H�~y����675T$şFF>H�&�h$:X$Z�A��mJ*"�j�-ͥ��t(}\nN/4g����q�+�m��rXS;eߺ$�1�7���7�z
  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands beta\renpy\ast.py", line 1702, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands beta\renpy\python.py", line 1843, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands beta\renpy\python.py", line 1836, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/plot/kusho.rpy", line 664, in <module>
NameError: name 'kusho_future' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Sat Mar 10 21:58:34 2018
Not really sure what was supposed to happen with Kusho when this crashed.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Continuing my VN runthrough, romancing Leena, I got the hilt + bed scene. A few days later, I got what I assume to be the "friendship" hilt scene (and a second flamberge hilt). No painting scene, but still had the day 88 dream.

Edited to add: after the battle at N'mar, I got both the romantic and friendship conversations with Leena.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, looks like the VN mode has some issues :lol:
I'll check also the merchant bug (which I thought I fixed). Thanks :)