Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
grey_duck
Young scout

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.2 (full content)

Post by grey_duck »

I intend to hunt down and squash every bug I can! With that in mind: when reviewing finished quests, if you scroll down with the mouse wheel to look at quests below the bottom of the page, when you click on them, instead of getting the little leather tab pointing at the quest, the quest name disappears.
Spoiler:
Anyway... I'm going to keep testing skills and looking for weirdness.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks. I might not fix all the bugs especially if are minor like the one above and require some time :mrgreen: but the skills for sure.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

in the end the fix was simple so I did it :)
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Hooray for simple fixes!

I just had my students turn in code for a collaborative text adventure we wrote in Python, and now the debugging starts. Most of the fixes will be simple, but they're new at this, so there will be a lot of them.

Thankfully, I find debugging somewhat cathartic.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I remember I used to hate it, I mean when users reported bugs (especially if were nasty bugs, or if I was about to relase the game officially). Now I've accepted the fact that even big AAA titles when are launched are still full of bugs and doing day 1 patches it's now the norm. The important is to keep fixing them in a reasonable amount of time :)
(speaking for commercial products of course)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.3 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

Made version 1.0.3 update fixing those skills bugs. I am still waiting for the theme song, though I can't really blame the musician/singer... I told them "around next Summer" and looks like this time I was wrong in excess!
lumacakes
Young scout

Post by lumacakes »

Holy crud, the amount of battles to reach N'Mar on ship was so incredibly tough on Hard mode.
There was only one thing I disliked, though.
Spoiler:
I was a bit disappointed by what Captain says, though. She simply wants to turn back after getting so close? Then wants us to prove ourselves again, after it was her idea to turn back.
But it makes sense from a story standpoint, I guess. Anyway, loving the game so far!
Last edited by lumacakes on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, glad to hear it :)
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Found two story/coding related bugs.

Spoiler:
First one:
Before the fight against Humbra no matter which dialogue option you choose - each time before the dialogue menu pops up again the text about smashing the tainted blood vial is shown.

Second one:
If you don't choose to go with Kusho assassinating Clement, the scene where he shows you the holy bracer is accessible twice.

Also maybe I will go typo hunting if I feel like it. ^^
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

About the first bug: I think it happens only if you use the vial at least once. Then the second time, even if you don't use it, still happens. But if you never use it, it shouldn't always happen?

Regarding the second, does that happen also in VN Mode? would be easier to reproduce here :)

I am not sure if those bugs are due to a variable bug I discovered in Ren'Py. The latest version has it, but the older one (the one I used to code this game) should work...