Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.3 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

I fixed the first one, it's as I said: if you choose to use any of the vials once, then it always triggers the vial scene (even if you choose a normal dialogue options).
For Kusho's double scene though I was unable to reproduce it here :(
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Funnily enough I am unable to reproduce it myself. :,D
Maybe during one of my playthroughs I'm coming across it again. Then I will send you the savegames. ^^
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes please :) the way I coded it, I think shouldn't be really possible to unlock that scene twice, unless it's some renpy bug (losing access to a variable or something) but as I said the version I used to code CL should be safe !
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I was able to reproduce it myself: the key is to NOT accept the quest :lol: I'll try to fix it too.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Fixed, I was playing the epilogue scene which can reward the same item (but should play only if you accept that quest).
However, since currently ren'py is broken, I'll wait before doing this update. Thanks for the reports though, they were both well hidden bugs! :)
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Glad I could be of help despite how confused I am because of flu. x,D
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.4 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

You've been very helpful! I just updated the game to version 1.0.4 fixing those two bugs :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe I just noticed a small issue in this version, due to using the new Ren'Py: the buttons animations are reset. So for example if you're in a shop, every time you click on a button (like an item for example) the animation of the portraits on top-right repeats :lol: It's nothing serious, just a cosmetic bug, but it's annoying (happens also in combat). I already told Ren'Py code about it, so I only need to wait for the solution.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I have a minor request.

On the new game screens it was a little hard for me to figure out where to navigate (especially because CONTINUE is up top for some reason). Can you maybe make some of these texts stand out more? In particular, once I've picked my gender, race, and profession, perhaps change CONTINUE to the yellow color you use for party selection to draw attention to it? And also on the profession screen, the fade is more slight compared to gender or race, so also changing the selected profession's text to yellow might help.

Yeah, it's at the bottom in the description, but that's why it'd be a minor QoL change.

(Also, I like how I tell the council I didn't repel the vampire by force even though I had to do exactly that because the negotiation chance was 0% until they all died!)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I meant to change the continue position but somehow I forgot about it. Will do the change in the final version :)