Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.1 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

All right the 1.0.1 version with the usual few bugfixes and the new epilogue is in! No more
Spoiler:
fall in love because magic stuff! :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.0 (full content)

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:45 pm But I swear the chances are the one displayed in the battle itself, so if you failed with 90% success chances you really had bad luck!
Yeah, but that's the way RNG always seems to work, and why we both agree that hit % is a bad thing. The added insult of spending a huge delay on giving the enemy a free attack on your MC just means I'll never bother using social talents again. There isn't much reason to anyway, the combat system is (mostly) perfectly functional, unless you've over-leveled and broken it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I was very careful to not touch the combat balance at all :)
And yes, in future I want to remove RNG. Mind you, people seems to love it (all roguelikes, card game like Slay the spire, etc) but personally I always hated it, even in XCOM when you have 98% hit and you fail... sucks :lol: so I understand and I agree completely. In PS2 there won't be the RNG with the non combat skills anymore for example.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Cool side effect of the millisecond of character portrait fix: if you fail an arena battle and try again...
Spoiler:

"Pay no attention to the elf behind the curtain..."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh forgot to hide it! When you play a new scene it should clear it though :lol:
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

It does. It just amused me a lot.
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

Spoiler:
I like the new epilogue, it was good to have a flashback of a pleasant moment with some of my favorite characters, I felt it was a real 'human' moment for Karen. Although im curious if you'll be adding onto why the lizardmen were after Karen, personally not too worried about it as I can generally come up with my own explanation on why they hated Karen and/or the Amazons but it seemed like that was what you were trying to do with the epilogue before. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah,
Spoiler:
I think for now I'll leave it unexplained but what I said in the replaced epilogue still stands, the lizardmen worship Chzulu, and they know Karen played a big role in defeating the undead forces. So that's clear why they want to capture and sacrifice her (or maybe eat her alive? :o :mrgreen: )
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 pm Yeah,
Spoiler:
I think for now I'll leave it unexplained but what I said in the replaced epilogue still stands, the lizardmen worship Chzulu, and they know Karen played a big role in defeating the undead forces. So that's clear why they want to capture and sacrifice her (or maybe eat her alive? :o :mrgreen: )
Are they even acknowledged by the other races as intelligent creatures or they are like murlocks from wow?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course but the problem is their language that is very complex and very few races beside lizardmen can understand what they say.