Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.9.8b (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I meant the box on the left, I can add a highlight to the current team portraits as well, no problem :)
TA-DAH (on next update):
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Somehow, I have wound up with a broken Nuala. First, I will note that this is the first time I got the "Merciful" perk instead of the one that boosts damaging spells.

Unfortunately, Purify is now...tempermental.
First I noticed I was spending SP and it said I was healing myself, but I wasn't healing.
Spoiler:
Before:
After:
Then I tried using purify on other party members. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

End results:
Nuala purifies Nuala - negative statuses removed, no healing
Nuala purifies someone else - sometimes, SP removed, but no spell cast and nothing in battle log. Sometimes, worked as usual.

Edited to add: I saved right after that set of arena battles, and have continued the game in a new save slot in case you want/need a save from around when I noticed the weirdness.
Last edited by grey_duck on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Possible Leena bug: I had romanced Sylrissa and Enok. The scene where Leena gets the Flamberge hilt was available, which (in my experience) always proceeds directly to the romance scene. So I waited until after the Jealousy scene between Enok & Sylrissa, and after the Drunk Sylrissa scene, and the Leena scene was still available. I thought maybe now that I was on day 85 and locked into a romance, it would stop after she showed me the hilt or something. Nope, still went up to Leena's bedroom. And no jealousy scene between day 85 and day 88, presumable because my relationship was already set.

I'm not sure if the Flamberge hilt is tied to romancing Leena, but if it is, that scene should have gone away after I chose a relationship path. If it's not, then it probably shouldn't end in Leena's bed even when you're committed to someone else.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Do you have saves for both cases? :)
Also, in the post above, when I click the spoiler tag, I can't see what you posted? If are images, I can't see them. Thanks
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

About Leena's bug, I don't understand if you saw the flamberge hilt scene TWICE (that shouldn't really be possible) or if you saw the flamberge+sleeping with Leena? The flamberge item is rewarded both at end of her friendship and romance. The only difference is that while in the friendship route, you don't sleep with her. That depends on the choice in a scene before when she asks if you could be more than friend.
I think that was the issue, in my code I only check that variable, but I should also check if you're already "set" with someone else (your case). I think I have fixed this but if you have a save I could test if works as it should :) thanks
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I managed to recreate Leena's bug myself and I think now works properly.
Regarding Nuala, I think you stumbled into the same issue myosky had: the purify/heal works, but the enemies instantly cast again the same debuff so it seems that didn't work.
I tried here and the purify on Nuala herself worked fine, but then the enemy goblin wizard debuffed her again immediately on the next move:
this is especially hard to notice if you play battles at max speed like I do. But looking at the log I could clearly say that first Nuala healed/purified herself, and then the goblin wizard inflicted Shattered on her again.
So if your behavior is really different I'd like to see a save game :) thanks!
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I think I fixed the image issue, but I'll also send you the savegame. In the images you can see that Nuala has 123 HP and I'm about to cast purify. In the second, the top item on the log is "Nuala healed Nuala for 152 HP using Purify (Expert)." but her HP is still 123.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes, then that might be a bug - UNLESS the enemies used a "total HP reduction" skill? now that I remember that was the confusing point even that last time, and I wrote down to add a visual indicator of the effect, but then I probably forgot :lol: Anyway if you sent me the save I'll make sure that's the reason :) thanks
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, bingo! :)
It's the Centaur Scout using the Hunter Headshot (reducing max HP value). I am simply going to change that skills, since it's just an arena battle not worth doing any more "fixes" which could lead to more bugs especially at this point of development.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.9.9 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

I also tried your save for the Leena romance bug, and it worked fine, so means the fix I did earlier today was the right one. I updated the game to 0.9.9 ! I also removed temporarily the old epilogue while I wait for the new one to be written :)