Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.5 (full content)

Post by Troyen »

The challenge is making the connection between "battle to the death" and "0% success". A near-constant 0% success rate seems like it's one of those talents sometimes included in games for a 1-2 use situation that just gets ignored or a bug (even if it's not). Especially if there's a giant morale bar that apparently doesn't apply in battles to the death.

Is the text in the battle log at the start of the battle or if you try and click the talent? I didn't bother clicking when I saw on hover that it was 0%. And while I'm someone that normally would follow battle logs to tell what's going on, there's honestly so much text in there I can barely figure out what skills the enemy just used, so I kind of just ignore the log now. (Also, the auto-scrolling is broken, or weird, but the log is probably not that helpful for the average player anyway.)

Another idea: since the main idea is to distinguish between "you haven't lowered their morale enough" and "you can't use this skill on this fight", is it possible to change the hover percentage to show "IMMUNE" or "N/A" (instead of "0%") on battles where you can't negotiate a cease fire?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.5 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

Troyen wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:26 am Another idea: since the main idea is to distinguish between "you haven't lowered their morale enough" and "you can't use this skill on this fight", is it possible to change the hover percentage to show "IMMUNE" or "N/A" (instead of "0%") on battles where you can't negotiate a cease fire?
Good idea, yes that's certainly possible :) I'll do it on next update.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.6 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

Did another update today. The most important fix was a crash using an AOE skill on the first fight while exploring the tomb of Urd. The second is also important even if not game-breaking. Good thing I caught those before publishing on mobile/Steam :)
FProphet
Young scout

Post by FProphet »

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on the Orc Migration Quest. For some reason it never gives me a prompt to actually adress that quest and I just get the failure scene at Day 65. Is it somehow incompatible with solving the Tomb of Urd?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm that could be the reason, yes. In practice when you finish a quest, the "talk timer" resets. So if you just finished the tomb of urd before the deadline you might fail it.
But you should finish the tomb a few days before - if I remember correctly there is a lot of time available for the Orc Migration (I think 5 days or more).
I might see if there's a way to avoid this.
Dem Avalon
Young scout

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.7 (full content)

Post by Dem Avalon »

Hi, I just created an account to report this:

The sound effect of Larik's skill, Shattering blow, is the exact same as Skyrim's new game sound (the short chant that plays when you select yes to "do you want to start a new game?") I don't know if this sound effect became public domain or something, but it's very distracting (to me at least) hearing such a recognizable sound coming from a completely unrelated game.

Also, this is off topic but, when I was registering the question the forum asked of me (the one to prevent spam bots) was "What is the name of the main character of Never forget me?" both store pages (for the aforementioned game, and the one that came before, "Always remember me") call her "Amy", but the forum would not take that as an answer, I had to look at the Visual Novel Database, to find that her name is "Amaranth", you might want to come up with a different question.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't remember that sound honestly, but if you say it's similar I can change it, is not a big problem :)
As for registering the question is difficult on purpose, otherwise 500 spambot registers every day (for real, I need to change it periodically).
Dem Avalon
Young scout

Post by Dem Avalon »

Ah, thanks for listening, and sorry, after rereading my off topic bit, made me realise that I was winning, sorry about that :oops: .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No problem, I just explained why (not many people know how crazy is the spam in forums).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There was still some confusion, in particular about the rescue missions (I think because you can START them immediately, but then to finish them you need to wait the second full moon). So I have added some extra texts in the quest descriptions themselves. I didn't bother to update the version number since all I did was add some lines of texts! :)