Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Post by jack1974 »

Get the updated build on itch.io:
https://winter-wolves.itch.io/cursed-lands

What's New in Version 1.0.13
- updated to latest Ren'Py version
- fixed another very rare bug: if you recruit all party members BEFORE the second full moon, a bonus scene with Karen will unlock. However, if you recruit them all AFTER the second full moon, the scene won't trigger (correctly) but you would still get the pop-up "you must visit Karen" leaving the game stuck in an infinite loop!

What's New in Version 1.0.12
- added some more light bows usable by Leena
- when reloading a saved game, the Legendary items would be labeled Rare. Stats were unchanged, only the category
- fixed a super rare bug that could get you stuck early in the game (messagebox saying to visit Karen, but Karen option wasn't available in Citadel)

What's New in Version 1.0.11
- fixed a very rare (but possible) bug during the "select team for mission" screen which would make a character disappear momentarily from the list

What's New in Version 1.0.10
- Sylrissa Counter attack Expert level was still using the Journeyman effect (75% accuracy and 4 turns). Now this has been fixed
- Dasyra's Tree Of Life had a bug: if you casted again on a character who already had the effect, it would increase the duration, leading to issues like dealing damage instead of healing after 3 times. This is because how the skill was created must always last 3 turns and not more. Now the maximum duration will always be 3 turns, and it won't do damage anymore

What's New in Version 1.0.9
- Vaeril's Life Channel skill was showing wrong values in the preview, and also was using 20% HP even at tier 2-3 (instead of 40% and 60%). Now it works as it should!
- added a "Relationship Screen" that can be accessed in the map clicking the heart-shaped icon. Will show your relationship with all the party members (remember that you have a relationship value even with characters you can't romance)

What's New in Version 1.0.8
- fixed some more typos
- the Orc Migration quest now has a deadline of minimum day 70. This allows 10 days after the second full moon for the players to trigger the dialogue and should be more than enough (before was day 65 and some players were missing it)
- fixed a rare bug if you were trying to access a secondary skilltree (like the talents) with a character that is not the Envoy. It would require a series of specific steps to trigger, but even if rare it COULD happen. Now it won't anymore!

What's New in Version 1.0.7
- after using the Tome Of Knowledge sometimes you weren't able to access the character screen again with a crash. This has been fixed
- added the various vendors init early in the story to avoid some super-rare (but possible) bugs if you instantly saved as soon as you entered a shop and then reloaded that save

What's New in Version 1.0.6
- fixed a crash if you were using an AOE skill on the rightmost scorpion while exploring the Tomb of Urd (for example Leena's AOE). Also added a fix so that this shouldn't happen anymore in any other fight!
- the talent check variable wasn't resetting properly, so if you used a talent in a previous fight, would remain set to true in the next one. The only problem was when triggering cutscenes in boss battles
- now if a talent has 0% chances to hit a target, will display "immune" so players know that talents don't work (some bosses or enemies without personality)
- added a few more pop-up messages explaining that if you rushed and talked to everyone as soon as possible, there might be several days without any plot progression (some players were confused by this).
- also added another message to explain that unless the quest's description explicitly says it, there's no deadline to any quest (this was also a bit confusing since some scenes made a sense of urgency to the player "we must rescue character XZY!" and so on). There are a few quest with a deadline but it's an exception

What's New in Version 1.0.5
- tweaked the initial character creation layout, so that the continue button is on bottom and the choices made are highlighted better
- added checks for the epilogues in case you didn't recruit someone (like Jasper, Kusho or Vaeril), will show a slightly different text
- added the game theme song
- the minimum success percentage for a talent is now 5% and not 1% like before
- added a messagebox explaining that some quests/locations might be temporarily inacessible but they'll come back later (like the tomb of urd)
- added an automatic save before the end of demo, so people can click "continue" on main menu and resume playing from there

What's New in Version 1.0.4
- updated the engine to latest Ren'Py version
- fixed a bug during Humbra final confrotation: if you used one of the vials, then the scene would trigger for all the subsequent choices (even if you didn't use a vial). Not going more in details to avoid spoilers :)
- if you refused Kusho's Clement Assassination quest, you could still trigger the final epilogue scene if you reach 100 relationship: this could let you have two "Holy Bracer" reward items in a single playthrough! now works properly.

What's New in Version 1.0.3
- fixed a bug in quest screen which was making the bookmark icon disappear if you scroll down in the finished quests list past the book page
- fixed Vaeril's Dark Empathy values so they now make more sense:
Novice: cost 2, gain 2 x 3 turns = 4 SP gain for 30 HP
Journeyman: cost 3, gain 3 x 3 turns = 6 SP gain for 30 HP
Expert: cost 4, gain 4 x 3 turns = 8 SP gain for 30 HP
- Galan's No Mercy skill wouldn't be usable if the target HP was below the required threshold for one-hit kill, now it has been fixed

What's New in Version 1.0.2
- fixed wrong values for Enok regeneration spell and refresh skill (from Kraken talisman) - they were much more powerful than they should have
- fixed a bug when exploring the tomb of urd which won't let you begin the boss fight against Nimaeus, now works
- the fix for the previous "portrait in battle bug" caused the background/sprites to not be preserved when loading, now this will work again

What's New in Version 1.0.1
- added new epilogue replacing the old one
- fixed for good the "portrait bug", it was mixing the race/hair/skin color etc values with the ones of saved games resulting in corrupted portraits (in the party screen was always OK)
- fixed a "Visual Mode only" bug that would let you assign skill points to talents in the party screen

What's New in Version 1.0.0
- the required party member name in yellow is now correctly displayed also on the portraits at the bottom in the pre-battle team setup
- fixed a bug when buying items in shops: the amount displayed was the right one, but the ACTUAL amount paid was bigger! Now it's OK
- fixed a crash on Kusho's path due to missing variable init "kusho_future". Also, you could fail Kusho's quest "Assassin of assassins" and then still play the mission the same day! :D now this is no longer possible
- the previous fix for Leena's path with the Nagas caused a side effect if you were romancing only her (it would show both Leena's love end, and then the next time Leena's friendship end, skipping the painting scene). Now should work properly!

What's New in Version 0.9.9
- temporarily removed the epilogue until the writer finishes the new one
- added an highlighted border in the pre-battle party selection screen for the characters at the bottom (before was working but you couldn't tell which character was selected)
- swapped Centaur Scout's skill Hunter Headshot with Pinning Shot, since the total HP reduction on party members was too confusing and hard to visualize

What's New in Version 0.9.8b
- fixed a crash in Naga romances because of missing initialized variable (sylrissa_pond_choice)

What's New in Version 0.9.8
- Jasper bonus CG achievement now works
- Reduced a bit Karen's affection increase since unlocking her CG should be harder and require you to recruit all party members (in that scene 20 relationship points are awarded)
- fixed some typos
- a bug was forcing the jealousy/choice scene between Sylrissa and Enok, even if you rejected one of them (once again it was only considering the relationship value and not if you unlocked each one romances). Now should work properly

What's New in Version 0.9.7
- added the possibility to change your team during the final assault battle to N'Mar, since it's not a stealth mission, it was a bit strange to limit the number of characters that could be used. Added a menu option before entering the castle, in the final boss fight you must still use 6 characters
- fixed Scholar Enok, Lake Bath with Enok, Lake Bath with Sylrissa achievements that now work
- removed Senya relationship display since doesn't impact the game in any way
- increased Karen's relationship points you get overall through the story, in particular after rescuing the amazons (always happens) but also if you manage to recruit all team members (big boost). I think restarting a save from the scene just BEFORE the first full moon (when Karen tells you about the prisoners) should get you full relationship and unlock her "sexy CG" successfully
- Beautiful Painting now has a background when replayed from gallery

What's New in Version 0.9.6
- removed the time advance in Kusho's quest, because it was still potentially causing issues with the main plot (it could happen or not, randomly). Maybe not realistic but that's how all open-world games are done anyway :)
- the amount of gold you get on 3rd act is back 50 gold / day (forgot to add it before)
- Jasper's Headshot damage wasn't upgrading correctly as the skill text description was saying
- during a scene before the final event (won't say more because of spoilers) the scripting was missing, and also each recruited character should speak in turn, but that wasn't working properly
- in the same scene if some party member quit (removed from your party) the game would crash. Now works!
- fixed Vaeril romance (was forcing it even if you refused him, seeing him only as friend)
- romances were still bugged, in many cases it wouldn't check if you actually slept with someone (seen romance CG) but only if you had 100 relationship, "forcing" a romance on you after day 70 (for example if you had Vaeril at 100 after day 70 it would set him as your romance even if you have never seen the romance CG). Hopefully now all works as it should!!

What's New in Version 0.9.5
- "No one left behind" and "Clement Assassin" achievements now works properly
- fixed a bug during Nuala's path that would consider her romance to be progressing even if you refused her advances in the "Grimoire bread scene"
- added more checks throrough the game for the quests with MC + one other party member to make sure that MC shows up in the pre-battle setup even if it's not in the starting lineup in party management screen
- it was randomly possible to skip "The Mediator" quest (main storyline!) if you did for example Kusho's assassination quests just before it (they advance time by 1 day, causing to skip that event). Now this shouldn't be possible anymore

What's New in Version 0.9.4
- wasn't possible to unlock Vaeril's romance because there weren't enough points available with him! I now added more points (especially when completing his personal quest) so that now should work
- when you had a successful skill check in Jasper's Peppergun quest with the plan steal, it wouldn't work (set check as fail and quest failed) now works
- the Party Talk menu option in Grimoire was showing up even when only Jasper was available to talk, fixed
- fixed a bug in Larik's quest: if you moved your character out of active party in the party management and then started Larik's recruitment quest, your character won't show up in the battle against the black sand monster, and you couldn't proceed any further
- the "Son Of A Gun" achievement (complete both Jasper's quests) now unlocks properly
- added log notification if you use a skill that removes a debuff. Before it wasn't writing any lines in blog, causing people to wonder if was working or not (it always was, but no log text was appearing)

What's New in Version 0.9.3
- by mistake you could unlock Jasper's romance ending playing as female. Fixed it now
- coded the first part of the fullmoon3 event (the text was there but I forgot to script it adding images)
- the nagas epilogues now shows correctly
- fixed a crash due to missing enok_relationship variable
- there's now a game over in the castle assault if the army morale is very low (it's not easy to get it, so I think even a game over is fine)

What's New in Version 0.9.2
- fixed wrong sound for Sylrissa's Recover skill
- you could visit Cedric on Lothark repeatedly, now triggers only once
- by mistake in many cases you couldn't go past the previous "end of beta" stopping point
- spider net was using same id as slowed causing issues
- Lady Geraldine's parting gift now is properly added in the inventory
- if you reloaded shortly after a fight the arena battles left count was subtracted by 1 every time, now I subtract the amount BEFORE the fight, so I think should work

What's New in Version 0.9.1
- fixed a crash when loading older saves in the arena
- in previous build forgot to upload some files (the merchants storyline). Now it should work!

Version 0.9.0 has the full content, so all the romances, quests, etc. Everything! Also, it probably is filled of bugs :mrgreen:

So my recommendation is to SAVE OFTEN!! There might well be some plot-stopping bugs (I tested but the game is so open-ended that's hard to take into account all possible choices/variants!)

Be advised that because of crazy weather issues here I have a crap connection and in general I'm busy with real-life stuff so my answer times might not be as quick as usual :?
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.9.0 (full content)

Post by Franka »

Tried loading the game inside a town arena, this happened. (Not a new game, continuing from an old save)

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Required parameter town has no value.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 999, in script call
  File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 1401, in script
  File "F:\Temp\cursed-lands-full\renpy\ast.py", line 794, in execute
    values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
  File "F:\Temp\cursed-lands-full\renpy\ast.py", line 152, in apply_arguments
    return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
  File "F:\Temp\cursed-lands-full\renpy\ast.py", line 120, in apply
    raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)
Exception: Required parameter town has no value.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Fri Mar 02 12:42:35 2018
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Maybe was a very old save? In any case I checked but I pass the town parameter every time I call it, so this has to do with Ren'Py I think! I call it only 3 times (the 3 different arenas) and it simply can't be a bug. I will default to Grimoire in future update so worse case won't crash :)

gameflow.rpy (889):  call arenatraining(town="Horus") from _call_arenatraining
gameflow.rpy (999):  call arenatraining(town="Amazons Citadel") from _call_arenatraining_1
gameflow.rpy (1096):  call arenatraining(town="Grimoire") from _call_arenatraining_2
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I could safely ignore it, but I'll just have to save scum from the city menu instead.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think if you save now and reload it even from arena shouldn't happen anymore though?
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Bad times on day 62. Can go no further.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'merchants_intro'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 638, in script call
    ��rT�uA�����$�Q᨞(Pm3Q
  File "F:\Temp\cursed-lands-full\renpy\ast.py", line 1357, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 638, in script call
    ��rT�uA�����$�Q᨞(Pm3Q
  File "F:\Temp\cursed-lands-full\renpy\script.py", line 871, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'merchants_intro'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Fri Mar 02 13:37:36 2018
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol forgot to upload a file :lol: Will try to upload it shortly with my powerful connection!
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.9.1 (full content)

Post by Franka »

I'm not sure what's causing this, but sometimes, when I load a game from the town arena menu screen, I lose 1 of my 3 battles. Fx. I have 2 battles left, start one, load the game (because I want more Warbears, damn it!), and only have 1 battle left after loading. Also sometimes happens with 1 battle left, starting, loading, then 0 batles left. It doesn't seem to happen every time though...

I'm guessing there's some variable that doesn't get properly cleared.
Last edited by Franka on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Sylrissa still makes a very manly "HUAARRR" sound when using Recover. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Strange the value is decreased only AFTER the fight is concluded. So if you reload to before the battle, it should keep the old value.
As for Sylrissa I'll fix that (there was also another skill with wrong sound and I thought was all of them).