story/characters stuff (SPOILERS!)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Re: story/characters stuff (SPOILERS!)

Post by SirSlothMan »

Cant wait to see it, need to do a Leena run anyway :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

You're such a cool developer for not getting too attached to your own ideas, and listening to critique even when you don't need to.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I always listen to people's feedback (in this case even the original Loren writer!), and in general I'm very open to doing changes to my work. Unless people ask me to rebalance completely a whole RPG, that might be a bit too much :lol:
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Today I realized how very much this game reminds me of Lord of the Rings (in a good way). So I'm playing the game of pairing game locations and events with LotR events.
Spoiler:
- The Citadel is Rivendell, and Karen's desire to meet with your team is Elrond's council.
- GrandTree is Lothlorien, because why not.
- Grimoire is Minas Tirith, highly defensible but stuck closest to the danger.
- The second full moon is the siege on Minas Tirith.
- N'Mar is Mordor.
- I would say the pirates are the Oathbreakers, but they help out with the wrong siege.
- Third full moon is the Battle at the Black Gate, and the Griffons are the giant Eagles
- The MC is Gollum
Maybe next I'll do the "match everything to Star Wars" game. :mrgreen:

Also, please please PLEASE realize that I'm not meaning this as criticism, I just like finding parallels in things. I think the story in this game rocks and is original and engaging.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL with the "MC is Gollum" you sold me :lol:
Lathtal
Young scout

Post by Lathtal »

I like the new ending, but I also miss the ooomph of the reveal. I'm probably going to hang on the talk about "pretending" and mix the two for my own head-canon. Kudos for listening to Franka and Sloth's concerns, definitely.
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

I must say that I miss the final shocking reveal of previous ending. But I can see how people who played Karen romance could be disappointed. The new ending is bittersweet: the beginning of a new romance doomed to fail :twisted:
Also
Spoiler:
I'm the only one thinking that Ryzom could actually be <gasp!> Loren's father?! :o :o :o