typos thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

typos thread

Post by jack1974 »

I thougt to make this thread, since I prefer to get the typos separated from the normal bugs (it's not a big problem but if I see posts here I know it's less urgent than game breaking bugs :)).
So if you have noticed typos/grammar stuff in game and want to let me know, use this thread. Thanks :)
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Re: typos thread

Post by Akar Dorn »

Typogun is loaded. FIRE :twisted:
Spoiler:
1) During Kusho/Vaeril recruitment (I don’t remember which scene it is exactly :oops: ), Kusho says:
What his name?
“What’s”.

2) “Party meeting” scene:
I step step into the midst of the group, and they form a circle around me.
Not enough step step step step step between “step” and “step” :lol:

3) Inside N’Mar:
I feel a gust of wind, and suddenly, the crows begin cawing. The begin flying in front of us, forming a wall of black feathers, as if trying to block our way forward —and the just as quickly, they disperse, leaving a lone figure in their wake. It’s Zephyr.
“They”

4) Same scene as previous. Zephyr says:
I’m going to cut you to shreds and feet your flesh to the crows. The birds usually prefer carrion, but they’ve been known to feast on the flesh of the living if they get a whiff of blood in the air. I guess that’s why crows and I get along so well. That bloodlust is in our nature.
"Feed".

5) Saving Enok after 1st full moon. Sylrissa says:
The good news that encampment it’s quite far from the others. That should give us some time before reinforcements are able to arrive if things go terribly wrong for us.
“Is”

6) Nuala about Rue:
I’m tracking her migration patterns. Rue has been known to change things up from season to season, so I need to keep an eye on her. Based on the location he’s moving, and considering I’ve seen of other rhinos, it seems like she’s headed to the breeding ground.
Transgendered rhinos. I know your games are all LGBT-friendly but this… :wink:

7) If you taking Enok to the Tomb of Urd, MC says:
Your skin? that’s what you’re worrying about?
Capital Letter, Please :mrgreen:

8) Apolimesho while giving tasks to eliminate goblins and dark elves:
The elder druids are only dangerous to that extent that they’re able to convince their people to go to war with us. If we help the elves to defeat the dark elves bandits, then it would be hard for the elder druids to convince the elf population that attacking us when are weak is a good thing.
Missed “we”.

9) Vaeril if player recruited him before the first moon:
It would seem that Vaeril and I share the goal, then. If he’s willing to trust me, them I’m willing to trust him. Besides, if he truly wants me dead, he’d probably catch wind of my location sooner or later.
Schizophrenia, call the ambulance.

10) Name box is missing when MC and Sylrissa discuss naga’s… tastes. Has to be said by MC:
Is it exclusively for nagas? Could a/an [MC’s race] joining in?
11) Vaeril about sick boy:
For this boy, the simple act of taking a breath is an ordeal. Every morning and every night, I give him a bit of vim and vigor, drained from the planets near here. It keeps him alive. But this boy will never breathe normally unless I find some way to mend his throat.
He drains entire planets... :shock:
OH MY IMMORTAL GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND! CALL THE SPACE MARINES! WE DISCOVERED NEW TYRANID HIVE FLEET VAERIL! :mrgreen: (N.B Tyranids are the race of planet-eating aliens from Warhammer 40000 setting)

12) Same dialog. Vaeril again:
Ordinarily, I would say no. This is an affliction this boy has suffered since birth. As I said, I can fix wounds, but there is a problem with this his body’s constitution. I can’t give him what was never there, or so conventional thinking suggests.
“This” shouldn’t be here.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks a lot, and even if I don't reply to all the comments, some are very hilarious :lol:
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Post by Akar Dorn »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 pm Thanks a lot, and even if I don't reply to all the comments, some are very hilarious :lol:
This is part of my charm 8) :lol:
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

Meeting Myrth with Kusho
First, she's the only Elder Druid with that look. Second, his brother Rei is very jealous.
*His* brother? That's a damn fast sex reassignment therapy.
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Post by Akar Dorn »

Third full moon, first walkthrough:
Spoiler:
1) Vaeril's quest. First meeting with Jaya.
Protecting this wood was my duty. Alas, the woods have fallen into decay, and I have withered along with them.
This has to be said by Jaya and green. But now it seems as MC's thoughts.

2) "Boots" dialog with Leena. MC says:
Well, I mean, don't you have people who take care of those kinds of trivial things for me?
It has to be "you". MC talks about Leena.

3) Second (if I remember right) dialog with Nuala about Rue. MC says:
What did it awaken i you?
Do you also see the problem in this phrase? :? :mrgreen:

4) Dialog with Jasper about being a pirate. MC says:
Hiding in plain sight, huh? That's always seemed a bit risky to me, byt I guess I can see it being beneficial in yor case. Anway, back to our discussion about being a pirate. There have to be other disadvantages, right?
Sometimes people just hate certain letters...

5) Dialog with Geraldine. MC says:
I'm preparing to fight a war. It behooves me to consider how veteran officers might feel about the matter. I'd rather have them as friends than allies.
Err... this has some tactical logic but may be it is better to avoid being "foes/enemies"? :wink: (if it is not some kind of idiom which even Google cannot help me to find :oops: )

6) Romantic dialog with Sylrissa. She says:
That's a bid sad, isn't it? All those people and none of them have the time to just stop and enjoy the world the live in. I feel lucky compared to them because here I've got all the time in the world.
"Bit"

7) Same dialog. MC's thoughts:
In this silence, the sound of running water and birds fluttering from tree to tree nearby becomes more prounounced. We're only there for a few minutes it feels like a pleasant eternity.
Sometimes people just like certain letters to much...

8) Moment of, err, "very close interaction" with Nuala :mrgreen: . She says:
Do you know what I like about combat? The best part of fighting is the pain. That sensation that reminds you take that remind you that you're still alive.
Step one: :shock:
Step two: :?:
Step three: :|
I am sorry, but... THIS WAS A SEX SCENE!!! HOW COULD IT HAPPEN IN THE SEX SCENE?! :evil: ( :mrgreen: )

9) Next Sylrissa's dialog after, hm, again, "very close interaction" in the pond. Enok says about MC:
Have you told him?
My female elf was gravely offended :lol:

10) Same dialog as "very close interaction" with Leena. Leena says:
That's the strangest thing. With you, it's never just one or the other. There are a lot of times when talking to you makes makes my heart beat slower. Like I'm relaxing, and letting my guard down. But there are other times when the opposite happens.
It's never enough "makes" to make heart beats slower... :lol:
Additionaly, is comma after "I'm relaxing" necessary? I'm not sure :oops:

11) Epilogue with romanced Sylrissa:
My time together Sylrissa has been great. We've traveled Aravorn, stopping a few days in each city. We've been to Shacklesplit, Dingirra, Flowervale. And now we're on a boat heading back to Grimoire
Sometimes people just hate word "with"...
Last edited by Akar Dorn on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaargh! I had a notepad file with reams of grammar and typo fixes starting in the intro. (I used to do proofreading.)

But I had it in the folder that had my copy of the game, so it got deleted when I uninstalled and reinstalled through itch.io.

Guess it's time to start a VN runthrough...
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Post by Akar Dorn »

Akar Dorn wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:10 pm Third full moon, first walkthrough:
Spoiler:
1) Vaeril's quest. First meeting with Jaya.
Protecting this wood was my duty. Alas, the woods have fallen into decay, and I have withered along with them.
This has to be said by Jaya and green. But now it seems as MC's thoughts.

2) "Boots" dialog with Leena. MC says:
Well, I mean, don't you have people who take care of those kinds of trivial things for me?
It has to be "you". MC talks about Leena.

3) Second (if I remember right) dialog with Nuala about Rue. MC says:
What did it awaken i you?
Do you also see the problem in this phrase? :? :mrgreen:

4) Dialog with Jasper about being a pirate. MC says:
Hiding in plain sight, huh? That's always seemed a bit risky to me, byt I guess I can see it being beneficial in yor case. Anway, back to our discussion about being a pirate. There have to be other disadvantages, right?
Sometimes people just hate certain letters...

5) Dialog with Geraldine. MC says:
I'm preparing to fight a war. It behooves me to consider how veteran officers might feel about the matter. I'd rather have them as friends than allies.
Err... this has some tactical logic but may be it is better to avoid being "foes/enemies"? :wink: (if it is not some kind of idiom which even Google cannot help me to find :oops: )

6) Romantic dialog with Sylrissa. She says:
That's a bid sad, isn't it? All those people and none of them have the time to just stop and enjoy the world the live in. I feel lucky compared to them because here I've got all the time in the world.
"Bit"

7) Same dialog. MC's thoughts:
In this silence, the sound of running water and birds fluttering from tree to tree nearby becomes more prounounced. We're only there for a few minutes it feels like a pleasant eternity.
Sometimes people just like certain letters to much...

8) Moment of, err, "very close interaction" with Nuala :mrgreen: . She says:
Do you know what I like about combat? The best part of fighting is the pain. That sensation that reminds you take that remind you that you're still alive.
Step one: :shock:
Step two: :?:
Step three: :|
I am sorry, but... THIS WAS A SEX SCENE! HOW COULD IT HAPPEN IN THE SEX SCENE?! :evil: ( :mrgreen: )

9) Next Sylrissa's dialog after, hm, again, "very close interaction" in the pond. Enok says about MC:
Have you told him?
My female elf was gravely offended :lol:

10) Same dialog as "very close interaction" with Leena. Leena says:
That's the strangest thing. With you, it's never just one or the other. There are a lot of times when talking to you makes makes my heart beat slower. Like I'm relaxing, and letting my guard down. But there are other times when the opposite happens.
It's never enough "makes" to make heart beats slower... :lol:
Additionaly, is comma after "I'm relaxing" necessary? I'm not sure :oops:

11) Epilogue with romanced Sylrissa:
My time together Sylrissa has been great. We've traveled Aravorn, stopping a few days in each city. We've been to Shacklesplit, Dingirra, Flowervale. And now we're on a boat heading back to Grimoire
Sometimes people just hate word "with"...
Addition.
Spoiler:
In Sylrissa's jealousy scene, if you reject her, she says:
Not yet. But, in my experience, after a sentence like that the next one next one usally starts with: 'BUT'.
After "next one next one" there mus be anothe "next one" because there are never enough "next one" after "next one" :lol:
And someone forgot "u" in "us(u)ally". You know: "Sometimes people just hate..." :mrgreen:

Same dialog. MC's thoughts:
I hate that I hurt her, but I can't lie about my feelings and I can't change what I've done the past. As harsh as it is, this is for the best.
"Done in the"
P.S. Please, appreciate this remark. It was really hard choice to make T_T
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lathtal
Young scout

Post by Lathtal »

The Choose Race screen has
Dwarves are physically imposing, and can respect simply by walking into a room.
A word's missing, or they really admire a well constructed doorway.