Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
myoksy
Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.8.7

Post by myoksy »

- after freeing Galan one has to meet him in the city, but no marker indicates this. (side note: this is the only char introduces with the "New member. Congratulations." pop-up)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but there's a pop-up message if you try to advance time/forget to visit him, so I think it's OK :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:58 pm
0.8.1 release notes wrote:in some early battles you could kill a Lizardman with Sylrissa with one hit!
just started a new hard game and this still works (though with only one of the two lizard thieves, the second would survive with 1 HP left)
I think depends when you do the mission, as you level the enemy levels too and gain more HP. So it might happens sometimes, others not. Since are early missions better they be easy than too hard I think :)

Regarding shield bash will fix the texts, for pre-emptive strike in practice I give a speed bonus to party members, but I have no ways to "ensure" that will fight first (depends on the framework). I'll see if I can improve it though.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm going to do an update now also because I found out the vampires killed on second full moon aren't "saved". So if you reload a save after the event they won't be correctly marked as defeated (I noticed it now since was coding the 3rd full moon battle!).
myoksy
Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.8.8

Post by myoksy »

- The Daemonic Talisman is worse than the Cthulhu Ring but costs much more
- general remark on the chars' icons next to a location: as they are displayed not all the time (many of the recrution sub missions don't have a symbol on the map) they don't imho really stream-line the game play. at least I still click every day on all locations to not miss anything.
- the chains effect was not lowered by one turn after I Bluffed one of the foes into attacking his comrade, and Mirror Damage seems to be also not triggered for friendly fire attacks
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Item prices not necessarily must reflect the values, and the portraits are displayed only AFTER a character is recruited, not before :) Maybe I can add an exclamation mark for the recruitment quest (but in the quest screen is explained what you need to do).
The chains/paralyze not influenced by what you say it's probably too complex to code, I'll change the description texts I think :oops:
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:12 pm(but in the quest screen is explained what you need to do)
that's actually the reason why I cycle through nearly all location. Vision of Enok? Visit the swamp. Undead Cruise? Help Senya, likely at the docks. Dasyra's fait? Travel to Hammerhands. Forest corruption? I have a map of the environs of GrandTree.
The chains/paralyze not influenced by what you say it's probably too complex to code, I'll change the description texts I think :oops:
it seems unlikely that this will be noticed by many players, you could simply ignore it (especially as it's not possible to select the target of the attack)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK cool. I'll make a note to add some indicators for the recruitment quests when I have time. For the other issue I think I'll follow your suggestion :mrgreen:
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

hmm, why can weapons change the defense value but not the attack one? (mostly I am curious, I didn't notice this before and while it looks strange it does not need a change : ))
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No particular reason, but the weapons have the damage which is added to the base damage calculations so that value is already powerful (even against a enemy with 99 defense, a +9 damage weapon will always do 9 dmg minimum). I think if I added even the attack, the weapons would be too powerful :)