Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
grey_duck
Young scout

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.8.8

Post by grey_duck »

Yeah. I created a dark skinned dwarf in VN mode, and my pale skinned half-elf (normal) and elf (hard) both turned dark-skinned. Then I made a pale skinned human in easy mode, and everyone was back to normal. Then I played the VN character and everyone was dark-skinned again. So it's changing skin tones across saves/games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, this looks like a Ren'Py bug. I'll inform the coder about it, thanks :)
edit: actually no wasn't a bug in my code :lol: BTW wasn't only in VN mode, but in any mode. And not just the skin color (though probably that was the most noticeable effect), but all the values would replace the ones in the save.
This also explains a weird bug we had last month I think, when an user noticed the portrait being all corrupted (unaligned mouth/eyes/hair etc). So finally the mystery is solved! Thanks
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Actually, I was the one with the corrupted portraits, and I was noticing that was back. So, yay! Solution eventually maybe coming!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes on next update will work (but only starting a new game).
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Stuck on day 10 in my current game. When I choose "End Day" the tips & tricks box pops up telling me to go to the Tomb of Urd. At the Orcish Wastes, my only option is to trade with the Dunemarchers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another user reported that but didn't send me the savegame, can you send it? also, did you start this game with 0.8.8? in older version this bug was still present but shouldn't be in the latest one.
I think I can edit that event so that triggers only when you can actually explore the desert, I was a bit lazy with it :mrgreen: but if you have the save I can test if my idea works. Thanks
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I sent you the save game anyway. I have no idea which version I started it in, to be honest. 0.8.6 maybe? There was that stretch where the updates were coming super fast, and I lost track.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Post by jack1974 »

In any case it didn't matter, was something different, you ALREADY had done the orcish wastes quest :lol: so I added a check that if Nuala is already in your team, not bother to display that message. I tried with your save and was able to continue :)
I forgot to update the version number so you'll still see 0.8.9 but the game is updated also with yesterday's bugs (related to the portraits)
Mettii
Young scout

Post by Mettii »

This might be more of a Mac issue rather than an issue with the file, but it keeps on closing immediately upon launch. It never happens when I open older game apps from the folder, so I'm wondering what it could be. Is anyone else having problems with this? Autumn seems so far away and I really want to play this! :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes unfortunately that seems a Mac issue. What MacOS version are you using? If it's very old that might be the problem :(