Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Post by Troyen »

Is there no demo? Was going to try out to help the mac crashing guy but I only see "buy now" on the itch.io page.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll do it but I was waiting until the full game is complete. But a crash like that it's 100% Ren'Py stuff anyway. Or maybe some obscure codesign crap. I think Mac users will have a lot of problems to play my games (and anything done in Ren'Py) in future... :(
I checked on Ren'Py site and says Mac OS X 10.6+, so if you have an older Mac OS version that's going to be the issue already. Otherwise I'd need to see if there are any logs/txt file in the folder with debug info.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I put up a demo, in case you want to try. I'm not going to update the demo until the full game is out though (too time consuming).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Mettii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 am This might be more of a Mac issue rather than an issue with the file, but it keeps on closing immediately upon launch. It never happens when I open older game apps from the folder, so I'm wondering what it could be. Is anyone else having problems with this? Autumn seems so far away and I really want to play this! :(
I was able to open up the demo just fine and I'm running an older Mac OS (10.9.5). Can you share what version of your operating system you have? And the crash logs?

To find the crash logs:
1. Navigate to the Utilities folder (shift-apple-U when on the Finder).
2. Open up the Console application.
3. Look in the displayed log file for an error related to the game, or errors logged right around the time you tried to open the game. Sometimes these will be hidden under the User Diagnostic Reports folder or the System Diagnostic Reports. But if it's recent enough, you can also find it under the "All Messages" section.
Mettii
Young scout

Post by Mettii »

Troyen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 am
Mettii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 am This might be more of a Mac issue rather than an issue with the file, but it keeps on closing immediately upon launch. It never happens when I open older game apps from the folder, so I'm wondering what it could be. Is anyone else having problems with this? Autumn seems so far away and I really want to play this! :(
I was able to open up the demo just fine and I'm running an older Mac OS (10.9.5). Can you share what version of your operating system you have? And the crash logs?

To find the crash logs:
1. Navigate to the Utilities folder (shift-apple-U when on the Finder).
2. Open up the Console application.
3. Look in the displayed log file for an error related to the game, or errors logged right around the time you tried to open the game. Sometimes these will be hidden under the User Diagnostic Reports folder or the System Diagnostic Reports. But if it's recent enough, you can also find it under the "All Messages" section.
Alright, my system is High Sierra 10.13.3. I'm on a Mac Air if that makes any difference?

And these are the immediate crash logs upon launching:
https://i.imgur.com/i4hLCng.png

Happened to hover over the second one. Fejltype means type of error in Danish.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I'll have to upgrade one of my computers to High Sierra later this week and see if I encounter any problems. Of the two errors you posted, it seems like the top one is more interesting with it possibly being a CodeSign issue.
Mettii
Young scout

Post by Mettii »

I got it to work by using the itch app. It may have installed the game correctly in some way, but I think it's only playable for me through itch. It'd still be interesting to know what causes that error, though.
I really appreciate you answering and helping me :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm in bed with flu so take what I write with a grain of salt but I'm 99% sure that was a codesign issue, one of the main reasons why I decided to use itch. I even wrote a blog post about it a while ago: blog/2017/10/status-update-codesign-and ... amenities/