Cursed Lands alpha demo 0.6.3

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: Cursed Lands alpha demo 0.6.3

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:36 pm Yes, there's also an achievement if you manage to recruit ALL characters before the second full moon :)
(since it's an optional step, in theory once you recruit one for each race/faction + Jasper, you have a team big enough).
Cool! Looking forward to this game! Looks like it's almost done too!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As for coding yes, story-wise, despite it being 188k words, there's still a good amount, all the main plot missions, the nagas "rescue" missions, all nagas romances, jasper romance, epilogues, more scenes with valery/zachary, and probably something else. So a lot of story is missing, and in the end will become another of those "240k-words long RPGs" :lol:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Ah I see. So I'm guessing the game will either come out sometime near the end of this year or the start of next year. But if it takes longer I'm okay with that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No end of this year I think it's impossible, beside writing, I also need to code the battles, and with this social talent system takes more to make sure they're not overpowered.
What I THINK will happen is that either (or both) Love Bites or Volleyball Heaven will be out first, then maybe this game :)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:32 pm No end of this year I think it's impossible, beside writing, I also need to code the battles, and with this social talent system takes more to make sure they're not overpowered.
What I THINK will happen is that either (or both) Love Bites or Volleyball Heaven will be out first, then maybe this game :)
Indeed. Both of those games I'm interested in as well.

Might try the tax collector profession next to see how it runs. Might do a female dwarf or male human. The different intros for the different professions was genius! I hope we see similar things like this in some of your future games!
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Palmettogamer14 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm
jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:32 pm No end of this year I think it's impossible, beside writing, I also need to code the battles, and with this social talent system takes more to make sure they're not overpowered.
Indeed. Both of those games I'm interested in as well.

Might try the tax collector profession next to see how it runs. Might do a female dwarf or male human. The different intros for the different professions was genius! I hope we see similar things like this in some of your future games!
Now that sounds a lot like DA:O, and that is awesome. I always loved the different backstories. I know in the end the game will go do a similar path, but just a different intro can make the game feel completely different especially if you are a true ROLEplayer.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the intro story is the same, but there are several sentences that change based on the profession. It happens in other dialogues, for example one of Leena's scenes is very different depending on player's profession, however in latter scene the difference is smaller because we realized it was an insane task (for one writer only - if you're a company like Bioware it's a different matter :lol:).
Rinvee
Young scout

Post by Rinvee »

Played the demo and pre-ordered the game right after that. But seriously, how could I resist playing as a debt collector? Tha's some unusual MC background for sure! ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha indeed! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Going to close this thread for two reasons:
1) this version is so outdated that savegames won't even be compatible anymore :lol:
2) next week or maximum early December I'll have a new beta version with about 1/3 of the game! :shock:
So, two good reasons :)