Art thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
DarkWolf
Druid

Re: Art thread

Post by DarkWolf »

I am not sure why you have such a problem with romancing underage characters, they are supper normal in VNs.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I would never do that myself because honestly I find it rather disgusting. But even if I had no problem about it, I couldn't sell the game on Steam, mobile and I would have a lot of issues even just trying to sell direct. So not worth it in any case.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

changing topic, I commissioned some new backgrounds for the castle interiors, since you'll spend quite some time of the game in it :mrgreen: I have also added some small animations. Looks spooky enough? :o
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:41 am I would never do that myself because honestly I find it rather disgusting. But even if I had no problem about it, I couldn't sell the game on Steam, mobile and I would have a lot of issues even just trying to sell direct. So not worth it in any case.
That is probably the most legitimate reason to not include actual underage romance, I can think of...

but...

While I could see (if I really squint) how Dora might be perceived as underage, most of the dwarves you've shown us since then haven't looked underage at all.

I want a dwarf romance at some point, damn it!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol, well at least in this game you can play as dwarf. I remember a post on Steam for Loren by an user with nickname "DWARFURIOUS" (seriously!) all grumpy because you can't choose dwarf as race :lol:
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:41 am I would never do that myself because honestly I find it rather disgusting. But even if I had no problem about it, I couldn't sell the game on Steam, mobile and I would have a lot of issues even just trying to sell direct. So not worth it in any case.
It's not true that you can't release underage romances on steam, there are numbers such romances on steam. In most Japanese VNs majority of heroines are around high-school age and occasionally you can even find some a lot younger then that. But if you are against it that is a different thing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I wanted to clarify: I am not against love stories/platonic relationships with underage characters (obviously) but there's always a certain risk doing such themes that honestly, it's not worth it IMHO. Of course, others are welcome to do it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

a screenshot from Nuala's path, which I'm enjoying a lot. For the themes/writing but also obviously because of the character look :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nice butt-er I mean, nice boots, Leena! As you can see, doing extra pin-up CG images was A GOOD IDEA! :twisted:
This is the covered version of the pin-up, there might be a uncensored version somewhere in the game, for those who wants to see it (and for the others, no problem, you'll never see it).
KagenNoTsuki
Young scout

Post by KagenNoTsuki »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:07 am Image
Nice butt-er I mean, nice boots, Leena! As you can see, doing extra pin-up CG images was A GOOD IDEA! :twisted:
This is the covered version of the pin-up, there might be a uncensored version somewhere in the game, for those who wants to see it (and for the others, no problem, you'll never see it).
Had no interest in Leena.

Things have now changed. Where's the uncensored!?!?