Hot Nagas

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
ValHallen
Druid

Re: Hot Nagas

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:About the other romances in this game, I'm copy-pasting from storyboard to save time. This is all WIP so nothing is final yet. I don't have images of the others, but when the game is more advanced I will show art I got:

Nagas
Sylrissa - a female naga warrior, very fast. ROMANCE by male/female player (bisex)
Enok - a very powerful battlemage. ROMANCE by male/female player (bisex)

Nomad
Nuala, a shaman. ROMANCE by male player only (straight)

Pirate
Jasper - male pirate, very good sailor, can guide a ship through the narrowest passages. ROMANCE by male player only (homosex)

Elves
Vaeril, a druid, ROMANCE by female players only (straight)

Amazon
Leena - the royal guard captain, excellent warrior, maybe sword teacher of Loren. ROMANCE by female players only (homosex)
Another nomad? After Amukiki and Krimm (and I think Nook is one too, isnt he?), is there anything new to tell with them? I bet her personal quest will have something to do with her tribe.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Eh, we had lots of amazons and elves too. I feel it is part of the setting. I will admit to being confused between these guys and Nook,Breza,Selith, Jul, Odurat ect... I thought the original 16 would be split into two groups?
Melandrhild
Young scout

Post by Melandrhild »

It's kinda normal that some characters share the same origins, since it's the same universe. It helps hold the coherence for Taravorn universe.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote:Another nomad? After Amukiki and Krimm (and I think Nook is one too, isnt he?), is there anything new to tell with them? I bet her personal quest will have something to do with her tribe.
I'll make sure it's something different :lol: but I don't even know if there'll be "personal quest". It's not a RPG, but a CYOA game, the player might even behave "badly" if you want.
kadakithis wrote:Eh, we had lots of amazons and elves too. I feel it is part of the setting. I will admit to being confused between these guys and Nook,Breza,Selith, Jul, Odurat ect... I thought the original 16 would be split into two groups?
This is not Loren 2, is the CYOA game, which should be called "Cursed Lands". When I have more info I'll post more.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

having several nomad is not a problem, on the contrary it would be strange to have only one, a big problem I have seen in fantasy world(it's also in Science fiction) is that in that a lot characters are humans(from a kingdom,empire....) they all have a different past and personality but the non-human characters are treat more has a representation of their species than their own characters, I have seen more than once comment like " *new character* is a *species* we already have one why have two characters that wil be the same",

Of course I know the nomad are human but they are usually treat like another species in fiction(in the way they are wrote), to be honest this type of comment doesn't stop to the species I have seen it for skin color too.

SOTW is one of the rare fantasy game I have seen where you have have a non human species more present in the main cast than human (4 elves to 3 human, 3 to 3 if you don't think elves and snow elves has the same species)

Now I think about it we don't have lot characters from the empire(2...if I remember correctly)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

jack1974 wrote:
kadakithis wrote:Eh, we had lots of amazons and elves too. I feel it is part of the setting. I will admit to being confused between these guys and Nook,Breza,Selith, Jul, Odurat ect... I thought the original 16 would be split into two groups?
This is not Loren 2, is the CYOA game, which should be called "Cursed Lands". When I have more info I'll post more.
My apologies I remember now. I got confused quickly because when I check on threads, I do so all at once, so I thought all of this was under Loren 2 XD I really like the characters mentioned. The characters sound interesting. Is the amazon fro Loren's city? or a different city?
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote: I'll make sure it's something different :lol: but I don't even know if there'll be "personal quest". It's not a RPG, but a CYOA game, the player might even behave "badly" if you want.
It was a tongue in cheeck commentary, I trust you and the writer to do something new :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote: It was a tongue in cheeck commentary, I trust you and the writer to do something new :P
Haha, even if was something about her tribe, there are still many ideas that can be explored anyway :wink:
kadakithis wrote:Is the amazon fro Loren's city? or a different city?
Yep. Even Karen will make a cameo but of course she won't be romanceable, otherwise could break some hearts :twisted:

Well I can give out this hint, is based on the events year 653 in the Aravorn timeline:
http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Timeline

Now you know more than you should! :)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

So it's base on that RPG prototype with amazon unit and no healing except now it's CYOA
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No that prototype is on hold, but yes is the same story. In the beginning I thought to make a sort of wargame/RPG in which you would control Karen's offense on N'Mar, but after remembering what happened with SOTW and my current "burned out" state, I thought was better to make a CYOA game style with that story/setting, in which you don't control Karen though but a custom character :)