About the DLC

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
Callista
Young scout

Re: About the DLC

Post by Callista »

I'm sorry to hear as well about the cancellation of the DLC although it's understandable. I'm happy that the additional romances will be included in the base game. ^^

I know there were some factors that influenced the sales but it might also help in the future to encourage more fans to write reviews. Lots of good reviews early on makes the game more noticeable, too. That's assuming that those who bought the game here also play on Steam. :wink:
Looking for a high quality editor? Then check out my page here: https://callista.itch.io/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I always encourage people to write reviews, but it's not like I can FORCE them! :lol:
Check SOTW, after 1 year has only 27 reviews... and that game did well :) I think depends on the game genre/target market maybe.
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

UGH! So sad.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:I always encourage people to write reviews, but it's not like I can FORCE them! :lol:
Check SOTW, after 1 year has only 27 reviews... and that game did well :) I think depends on the game genre/target market maybe.
Blame me Jack, I am the ultimate procrastinator......I have been meanting to review and comment on some games for um er ehm, over five years, but it keeps slipping my mind. With that said, I tend to NEVER buy from steam, but directly from the seller (You do tend to get more money that way riiiiight?)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course for me is better if people buy direct :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Same here, I usually buy direct and didn't even think of writing a review. Will try to rectify that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Curiously in last days sales picked up a bit. Still not enough to justify a DLC of course, but maybe people are discovering that the card game is quite fun. Haha mixing it with a VN was such a big fail. In future apart the RPGs I don't think will ever mix story with gameplay anymore, since trying to please to two different categories of players, you end up making nobody happy!
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I honestly think you just need to give the game some time. Its a great game and the art is beautiful -- yes it's a bit of a deviant from what you usually sell so your fans on these forums might not have all rallied behind it -- but that doesn't mean it won't gain popularity steam. People will play it. Others will see these people play it. Others will then want to buy it. Sales will go up. It'll eventually get advertised on the store page which is where people will really notice it.

Hearthstone is big right now. Card games are gaining popularity. You produced a good game that doesn't necessarily appeal to your usual audience -- but it may just need some time to gain its own popularity/momentum.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I know, I am a quite modest person (when I brag I do it jokingly, I think is clear). But I thought I did a good job with the card game.
The problems were two the way I see it:
1) for my usual customers, both the art style and the game mix was something too different from the usual stuff
2) for Steam customers, having a very long VN part together with the card game was a deterrent, instead of an extra feature/good thing. They probably just wanted to jump straight into the card game :lol:

So I think (art tastes aside) that for those two reasons the game didn't do as well as expected both on my site and Steam :lol: Anyway it's cool, I learned a lot from this experience, and I got already some ideas for future card games.
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I bet if you put it on a 10% sale, sales would hike. You need to get it on the store page. There's 394023849032409 games on steam.