general feedback thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: general feedback thread

Post by jack1974 »

I don't know about mentioning them, but I think could be possible :)
If you haven't played some of my other games you can try the demos, there are many which are story-heavy.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Milana Walters wrote:and about colonial defense characters? i really would like at least a mention of them, i really loved them.
Unless something happens, I will probably be writing PS2, and if possible, I will try to include some tidbits of PSCD characters. For example, I can see
Spoiler:
Prince Cliff being compared with Rigel. Perhaps there was a portrait of an ancestor
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha true, those two looks really similar. Even similar hairstyle :mrgreen:
Milana Walters
Young scout

Post by Milana Walters »

jack1974 wrote:I don't know about mentioning them, but I think could be possible :)
If you haven't played some of my other games you can try the demos, there are many which are story-heavy.
I've only found out about your games recently and currently checking the information about them. The main thing i like about them is that they are LGBT-friendly, i dont buy games consisting of only straight choices. I will possibly buy Loren since it has multiple choices for different sexualities and seems interesting enough. I'm torn regarding Roommates and PS1, i read here on the forum that the only gay romance in PS1 results in their break up? Kinda discouraging:(

I mostly like to play as male protagonists, while im a girl, playing as a guy seems more appealing to me, guess cause i already know what being a girl is like:D But i wouldnt mind playing a girl, if i really like how shes written or if i like the romance options only for female protagonist. For example, currently i'm swooning over Diane/Charlotte, while playing Alex, and cant help but wonder what Alex's default romance will be when i get to Diane's playthrough.
Miakoda wrote:Unless something happens, I will probably be writing PS2, and if possible, I will try to include some tidbits of PSCD characters. For example, I can see
Spoiler:
Prince Cliff being compared with Rigel. Perhaps there was a portrait of an ancestor
That would be so great to seee them mentioned in future games, especially if the romance you've chosen can be acknowledged too:P but i understand if its too much of an effort.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah if you haven't played Loren yet, then definitely get that one - it's my most famous game so far by a large amount :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe fun, there's this other sci-fi card game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/481180/
It's made by a developer friend, even if I never had time to play it properly, but seems well done. I had a laugh reading some reviews saying "the first card game with a plot!" :mrgreen:
Anyway it seems to be doing well, but it's lower price and has also a launch discount, which seems something essential on Steam :roll:
I'm definitely going to make more card games in future, when I have time (right now I have too many things to finish first!). The key is not having a insanely long story like I did with PSCD, to keep costs down (and probably it's really not a good genre mix).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Looks good, I'm on it!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:I had a laugh reading some reviews saying "the first card game with a plot!" :mrgreen:
Other than, you know, Etherlords, Northmark, and the ones I've forgotten...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool let me know what you think after you played. Sadly I don't think will have time until... September or later :lol:
I know the dev worked on it for 4 years, so must be very polished!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The gameplay is quite entertaining. However, the plot is very cliché, many of the cards are balanced only by how hard they are to get (something the AI doesn't struggle with obviously), and the card art is criminally low res. Which is really sad because clearly the same images in hi res are used for the player avatars.

But hey, it's fun to play.