general feedback thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: general feedback thread

Post by jack1974 »

Heh, fun thing: PSCD on mobile is outselling C14 Dating by 4 times! And I thought that mobile would do very badly because the card game plays slowly, and in general mobile=otome games.
Every day you learn something new. Or maybe you just realize how a bit random everything is! Of course they're super small amounts but everything helps and was a nice surprise :)
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Recently, I've begun to play my bought copy of PSCD, and I quite like it so far. A nice job done overall. :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Heh, fun thing: PSCD on mobile is outselling C14 Dating by 4 times! And I thought that mobile would do very badly because the card game plays slowly, and in general mobile=otome games.
I'm not that surprised. There are a lot of card games to be found exclusively on mobile, it's not a strange platform to find those on. Also the much bemoaned art style is probably easier on the eye on a smaller screen.

I'm more surprised that people will meet the price tag, because most of those card games are free to play or play for a pittance.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: I'm more surprised that people will meet the price tag, because most of those card games are free to play or play for a pittance.
Well I always use fixed prices in my mobile games. Initially people whined, then they realized that overall are CHEAPER than many others from the competition. I don't know the names (Voltage I think?) since I don't really focus on mobile, but I remember an user once emailing me to thank me, saying that for game XYZ had to pay $5 each guy route, so in the end paid over $25, while my game with same amount was $10 all upfront :)

Regarding card games for sure I'd be making MUCH more if I could do something F2P like Hearthstone, but... no way. Too complex to mantain (server/client architecture, anti-cheat, bla bla, would need a full team of people).
Milana Walters
Young scout

Post by Milana Walters »

I already commented on Lemmasoft, but since i have really loved the game, its no harm to do it twice:P

The story is very heavy and its wonderful, i have played all night yesterday and still not close to finishing it:) All the characters are very interesting, and i cant wait to romance them all...separately ofc hehe)

The art is very different from what you see in usual VNs, but i still really like it, anime style art can really get tiresome. But i agree, the male face seems a bit weird but hes still a cutie:) and the angry and laughing expressions seem strange, to put it mildly) But to say it all, the artist still have done a very good job,and with more practice they can get better.

I hope there is more to this game, sequels or DLCs.
Milana Walters
Young scout

Post by Milana Walters »

i already commented on Lemmasoft and Steam, but since i really love the game, no harm doing it one more time:)

The game is heavily story-based and its wonderfull! I love the story,the characters and cant wait to romance them all...separately ofc:D

The art is very different from what you see in usual VNs, but i still really like it, sometimes you need a breather from anime style lol.The male face is a bit weird though, but hes still a cutie and his face looks better in CGs( thats to say i would have loved there to be more CGs in this game). And the laughing and angry expressions are strange, but i got used to them:) Saying it all, i still think the artist have done a very good job, and after more practice they can do even better.

I hope theres more coming to this game, i wouldnt mind playing a sequel with the same diverse romance options:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry all new users posts need to be manually approved by me :mrgreen:
The same writer should work on the LONG WAITED Planet Stronghold sequel (the RPG) so while the art will be like the first game, at least the writer will be the same as this game :)
Milana Walters
Young scout

Post by Milana Walters »

jack1974 wrote:Sorry all new users posts need to be manually approved by me :mrgreen:
The same writer should work on the LONG WAITED Planet Stronghold sequel (the RPG) so while the art will be like the first game, at least the writer will be the same as this game :)
Ooh, i was a bt confused so i submitted my comment twice:D And it seems i cant delete one...

Hmm the first game doesnt really interest me, since it seems it has only 1 s/s option for both genders? And its RPG, i like VNs myself:( But i wonder if the sequel will feature characters from colonial defense? or at least mention them? And what about romance options?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I will probably add a VN Mode to this game as well. About your other question: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2760
Milana Walters
Young scout

Post by Milana Walters »

jack1974 wrote:I will probably add a VN Mode to this game as well. About your other question: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2760
oh that would be great, i'm a casual player, dont like to put too much of an effort in the game:)

the second game seems to have 2 s/s options, i prefer equal choices, but its still better than 1 hehe, and the art is beautiful. I wonder if those games are heavy in story too, then i might gave in and buy them too)

and about colonial defense characters? i really would like at least a mention of them, i really loved them.