Free Battle Mode

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Free Battle Mode

Post by Franka »

So now that the game is officailly released, it's time to suggest BIG FEATURE CREEP. YAY!!! (I hear Jack doesn't have enough to do.)

We've already got Visual Novel Mode, so how about the opposite, let's call it Free Battle?

In the interest of not spoiling the story, let's say it's unlocked after finishing Story Mode (can just skip through visual novel mode if we're impatient to unlock it). Now, from the main menu, we can choose "Free Battle" and get taken to a Deck Builder. After making a deck or two, we can now choose to fight any of the main story and side mission AI decks. This would in itself be really cool for those of us who just want to jump straight into a battle, and for testing out combos and new decks.

If we want to make a bit more of it, let's say we earn stars for each victory to upgrade our cards all over again. In order to unlock some more interesting cards, say the guest cards (Kaden, Galina, etc.) or even some AI cards, we make a few new boss decks that have to be cleared before the cards are added to the Deck Builder.

I'm predicting this will be requested by Steam users anyway, so I'm just ahead of the times. :P
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Free Battle Mode

Post by Miakoda »

Obviously, I can't speak for Jack1974, but I think this could be a good mode addition. The only thing is, I can see it would be a lot of work.
Franka wrote:I'm predicting this will be requested by Steam users anyway, so I'm just ahead of the times. :P
I think you are right in that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I thought about that, though I'm thinking to wait and add it in the DLC, since by then will also have the new cards added and all the missions available :) Replaying the missions with a custom deck is something I already had in my testing system, so that's relatively simple to do.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Sounds good, though you know the DLC haters will come after you with pitchforks and torches.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wait I didn't mean make it available only in the DLC, but after I coded the DLC just in case. Anyway I'll see, I predict will do at least 1 update before releasing the game on Steam (likely in March or something) :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Ah, I see, then maybe they will leave the torches at home. :lol: