PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

Post by jack1974 »

Get it here: http://www.macgames.biz/games/PSCD-0.7.9-all.zip

Please note: the game length is the demo length! So even if you buy, the story ends after the demo ends. Of course, I'll continue adding the new missions and story in the next updates :)

We're aware of the small summon glitch! (summoned unit shows for a split second in the clicked place before the summon animation plays) But didn't want to delay demo release for that, since is a minor thing.

You can adjust the battle animations speed in the options (so if you want to put them to max speed, will play almost like before).

I'd like to know from newbie to card games, if the tutorials (both in the battle and deck builder screens) is exhaustive enough?

And now, for the HUGE changelog...

What's New in 0.7.9
- tweaked slightly the 10th mission, it should be a bit harder now
- fixed a bug in deck screen, if you saved there you would lose upgrade and impossibility to upgrade (if you saved outside the screen, it was working)

Card Changes (Units)
- Mizuki's Force Field was freezing any flying unit attacking hero, now works properly

Card Changes (Actions)
- Mizuki's Unoptimal Balance now behaves as it should

What's New in 0.7.8
- fixed crash while starting new game after choosing the difficulty
- now enemy can have more HP or summon units faster based on difficulty, but from mission 11 forward. The first 10 missions should be beatable even in Hard without much effort (if you upgrade your cards of course!)
- speaking of missions, mission 3 second option is now significantly easier
- mindcontrolled Elk now doesn't give anymore bonus credits when pushing enemies back to the deck
- Mizuki's unoptimal balance now works on all card as expected

What's New in 0.7.7
- added visual novel mode! You won't play a single battle this way, but only read the story and make choices :)
- fixed some references to Alex in mission info (mission 5 variants)
- enemy main opponent will have HP in all missions, since otherwise they get too long!
- added Canteen background
- added explanation of scene 4 choices for mission 5. Also removed two turret cannons since that choice was too easy otherwise vs others

Card Changes (Units)
Generic
- standard walls and scout unit don't get +1 attack on gold
Graciela
- Mindcontrolled Elk is now a 1/3 unit and can upgrade to 1/5

Card Changes (Actions)
Graciela
- Inner Force now doubles target attack for current turn only (otherwise was too powerful!). Also, I swapped with another Graciela's card, "Clear Vision". It means that you can have only 1 Inner Force in a deck now, which should definitely balance things.
Galina
- Covert Ops now grants breach trait, allowing 2 random allied cards to avoid wall restrictions when attacking

What's New in 0.7.6
- disabled "rollback" (using mousewheel to go back) during the deck building parts, since was messing up things if you upgraded the cards and then rolled back
Card Changes (Units)
- Mindcontrolled Elk now doesn't attempt to use his ability on enemy opponent, crashing everything :mrgreen:

What's New in 0.7.5
- fixed crash with Missile Turret unit

Card Changes (Units)
- tweaked some upgrade values like Force Field

What's New in 0.7.4
- Now you get 1 Star every main mission. I figured out that since there are 120 cards, of which 70 are units (the only one which can be upgraded) you would need 70 x 3 = 210 stars to upgrade them all. It's fine since I DON'T want people to be able to upgrade all the cards. Still, with 30 main missions = 30 stars = 10 cards potentially fully upgraded. So it's fine, I'll need to make sure the battles are more difficult on hard :)
- in some mission the info text was saying Alex instead of Diana, fixed
- clicking Info in battle screen now you can restart the battle anytime
- fixed the bug if you selected an action after another, the first one disappeared (in reality was put in queue but was hard to understand)
- the resources icons are displayed on the battle screen, making it easier to associate with cards cost
- some early enemies (Matrick Explorers, Dredan Infiltrator) give 0 credits when killed, otherwise you could accumulate too many of those later in the game
- added the base attack animations and some others (like sharpshooters, otherwise was hard to understand what's going on). I won't add anything more for now since I want to finish the content first. I'll do that as last thing!
- added a more detailed tutorial in the first mission, covering many basic concepts like wall units, units that can double attack, force shield, breach/flying units, invisible units, offensive action cards (I actually coded the grenade explosions too :lol:) etc. I think should help greatly newbie to the genre
- by default Alex was in the deck, so even playing as Diana you were forced to use him during the side missions! :lol:
- fixed Samuel, Mario and Charlotte size (too big compared to others)

Card Changes (Units)
- Regular Infantry, Wall and Scout are now Tier1 (common cards). Cannon, Laser and Flamethrower Turrets are now Tier2 (uncommon). Missile Turret is Tier3 (rare), and now deals 1 dmg to ANY random unit, but still does double damage against flying. Cannon turret has more HP, to balance the fact that has no damage bonus against specific unit type.
- Mine, Residential and Solar Farm are Tier5 (epic)! This because of new features added. They still give the resource increase like before, but in addition they give a big bonus on summon: Solar Farm grants force shield to adjacent units, Residential summons 1 random Tier1 infantry unit whenever you summon an organic one, Mine summons 2 random Tier2 turrets (cannon, flame, laser). Some are more powerful in certain situations, I preferred to make them varied :)
- Regular Infantry is now a 2/1 card. If upgraded to Gold becomes 2/3
- Christophe's Matrick Mercenary is no longer organic
- Samuel's Domesticated Boragrub is now 2/2 and deals damage only to an enemy unit
- Xavier's Assault Biker is now 2/1 (was too powerful before)
- Graciela's Recon Unit now is 2/2, so good in any case
- Charlotte's Iron Vines are tier 2, while in its place there's now the Recruiter unit card.
- Mizuki's Force Field now also does 1 damage
- Galina's Alien Scavenger now won't increase credits (only the other resources)
- Alex's Alpha Team has no longer Charge
- Diana's Marksman team will increase his attack until a value of 4, not more

Card Changes (Actions)
- Alex kamikaze was swapped with Diana's Reinforcement. So now Diana has at least one way to damage all opponent (even if has to sacrifice a unit). I didn't change the actions effects though.
- Diana's Take Cover power up: will now grant force shield. To not make it OP, I allow it only on organic unit though. Still much more powerful than before!
- Mizuki's Optimization =>Increases target robotic unit attack by 3 for current turn only.
- Samuel's First Aid became steroids: heals for 3HP and gives target double attack
- Xavier Quick Fix=>Customize, heals for 3HP and gives +1 Attack permanently
- Mario Repair=>Rebuild, clone an existing Wall unit on the field
- Charlotte Recruit=> Gives random organic unit the discount organic trait: all organic cards use one less resource.
- Graciela's Stun now has AOE damage (targets also the units on the side of target) so you can effectively stun 3 nearby targets for one turn
- Galina's Bounty is now tier2 (useful later in the game) and in his place Covert Operations is now tier1 (Two random allied targets become invisible.)
- Christophe's Excavation now summons two craters in the enemy lineup that lasts 3 turns, useful since limits the amount of cards enemy can summon
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: PSCD 0.7.4 - beta demo!

Post by Franka »

Is it intentional that you can increase most of the walls to +1/+1 in the gold upgrade?

Battle Drone's upgrades are +1/+0 and +0/+1, is this intentional?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes they're not "standard". I mean most will be 0/1 and 1/1, but for others I wanted to tweak them. The walls +1/+1 if you mean turrets is OK, if are the normal walls not. Of course nothing set in stone, they can be tweaked based on people's feedback, in particular hard difficulty :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Well, Force Field gets +1/+1 on gold, I think that's probably too much. Or else Spiked Iron-Vines should get +1/+1 too, so it's equally fair for all "attack" walls.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

True, I'll make force shield like spiked vines, otherwise I think they're too powerful considering their special abilities too.
Ah checking the error, you can also in future use the "copy to clipboard" since produces a forum friendly text :)
Do you remember what was happening on screen? the issue is while printing a damage output, but I don't understand why doesn't work :o
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Just happened again. It might be related to Sharpshooter killing something? It happens in Mission 4.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 124, in script call
  File "game/plot/missions.rpy", line 380, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 75, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 138, in script
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 457, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_control.rpy", line 142, in __call__
    renpy.hide_screen(self.screen)
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 292, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 296, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 264, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 266, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 272, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 274, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 275, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 284, in execute
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 124, in script call
  File "game/plot/missions.rpy", line 380, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 75, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 138, in script
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1689, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1707, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\statements.py", line 144, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 457, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\exports.py", line 2400, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\ui.py", line 277, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2365, in interact
    scene_lists.replace_transient()
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 728, in replace_transient
    self.remove(layer, tag)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1015, in remove
    self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 939, in hide_or_replace
    d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 444, in _hide
    i.set_transform_event(kind)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1839, in set_transform_event
    run(self.action)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 295, in run
    return var(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_control.rpy", line 142, in __call__
    renpy.hide_screen(self.screen)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1063, in hide_screen
    renpy.exports.hide(screen.tag, layer=layer)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\exports.py", line 622, in hide
    sls.remove(layer, key)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1015, in remove
    self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 939, in hide_or_replace
    d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in _hide
    self.update()
  File "F:\Temp\PSCD-0.7.4-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 565, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 296, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 266, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 272, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 274, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 275, in execute
  File "game/sfx_screens.rpy", line 284, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 284, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.8.865
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If you can save and send me the save would be cool :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It's definitely Sharpshooter killing things with his passive ability. I'll see if I can save just before that happens.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah maybe I know what is it, the missile turret. I forgot to add a check to hit only alive enemies! Will update it. I am trying here and seems to work :)
edit: no shouldn't be that one, since for it I have added the alive check. You have the missile turret too on the field?