Romance graph + DLC preview

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
kadakithis
Druid

Re: Romance graph + DLC preview

Post by kadakithis »

P_Tigras wrote:
jack1974 wrote:
P_Tigras wrote: That wouldn't address BxG however. So things still wouldn't be balanced.
Actually yes :) with an extra BxB, every character would have the same amount romances. In the base game there are two homosex and two straight romances for each. So that's even. Then in the DLC currently we have:
Alex: BxB Christophe, BxG Lola
Diana: GxB Kaden, GxG Lola, GxG Galina

adding Alex+Kaden would add another BxB to Alex, so it would be even. Yes, there would be more homosex romances than straight ones (so it's not like BxG, even people wanting GxB could complain), but at least each character would have same amount :wink:
:(
They don't always need to be absolutely even. The first game had less options for lesbians and gay men, and i totally get if an option you don't like isn't available, but this writer seems really really helpful, and at this time is asking for more work for free, since she offered once. It just seems a bit sad when everyone has at least 2 options of their chosen gender. Its okay for a game to have extra romances occaisonally.

Personally? I am really happy if a game has 2 options because it feels like choice then. But I have bought and enjoyed games of Jacks with only one option, even if it may be my least favorite one, because hey it was available! I mean this seems to be a creep up or a competition, which I don't think is the best. I totally understand having a favorite or feeling like you don't like the options, but i mean thats okay once and awhile, Yeah?

I mean BxG has an extra CG, does that mean even if they added 2 new romances GxB and BxG, would they have to make every possible sexuality another CG to make it even? Its not a competition, sometimes one group or another will have extra options or features, especially if stuff happens during development. But it seems like the thing the writer may take away is she can't offer to do anything for free, since then people will ask for more.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

kadakithis wrote: They don't always need to be absolutely even. The first game had less options for lesbians and gay men, and i totally get if an option you don't like isn't available, but this writer seems really really helpful, and at this time is asking for more work for free, since she offered once. It just seems a bit sad when everyone has at least 2 options of their chosen gender. Its okay for a game to have extra romances occaisonally.
First, I agree that the writer is really really helpful. And second, I understood and had no issue with the reasoning behind the inclusion of an extra GxG option. Nevertheless since then additional comments have been made and the writer has responded by mentioning the possibility of an additional BxB option. If it's a matter of the squeaky wheel getting the oil, then I just wanted to represent and get my squeaking in too. lol.
kadakithis wrote:Personally? I am really happy if a game has 2 options because it feels like choice then. But I have bought and enjoyed games of Jacks with only one option, even if it may be my least favorite one, because hey it was available! I mean this seems to be a creep up or a competition, which I don't think is the best. I totally understand having a favorite or feeling like you don't like the options, but i mean thats okay once and awhile, Yeah?
This is a DLC with one additional BxG romance. Whether or not I pick up this DLC will depend a great deal on how interesting I find that particular story element. If it strikes out with me then I will likely pass on the DLC. I suppose it's possible that if I'm blown away by the overall story in the original game, and the DLC adds enough additional story outside of the romances, then I may pick it up any way. That said, I was disappointed overall with the story in PS1, so new material in this particular line won't be an auto-buy.
kadakithis wrote:I mean BxG has an extra CG, does that mean even if they added 2 new romances GxB and BxG, would they have to make every possible sexuality another CG to make it even? Its not a competition, sometimes one group or another will have extra options or features, especially if stuff happens during development.
The extra CG is better than nothing, and is a nice addition if that particular romance works for someone, but it comes with no new story and is nowhere near on the same level as a new romance.
kadakithis wrote:But it seems like the thing the writer may take away is she can't offer to do anything for free, since then people will ask for more.
I was going to keep my mouth shut, but then she offered to do Alex-Kaden as well in response to someone else's comments. Again. Squeaky Wheel. Oil.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha just two comments:
- the story (and writing) will be MUCH better than PS1. You can be sure of that :)
- it was the writer again who offered to do the extra BxB. But she was honestly not obliged to do it. That's the problem when people whine in forums: there's the risk to blow up the game size trying to make everyone happy, a bit like what happened with SOTW last year, and that's not always the best business decision. Even if in this case is just an extra romance/CG, so should be fine.
- really few of my games have more homosex romances than straight ones, so this one is an exception but overall straight-romance people should be happy (I have more games in progress with ONLY straight character, like that black/white game, so...)

For now I'm not going to make any more changes/promises. IF the game does well, I can always do another DLC adding two more straight options :wink:

And no worries I know that when you "whine" in forums it's only because you want to "squeak" as P_Tigras said :lol:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote: - really few of my games have more homosex romances than straight ones, so this one is an exception but overall straight-romance people should be happy (I have more games in progress with ONLY straight character, like that black/white game, so...)
But how many of those games have BxG? All of those games with only straight characters are GxB, so saying "straight people" should be happy is a stretch.
P_Tigras wrote:This is a DLC with one additional BxG romance. Whether or not I pick up this DLC will depend a great deal on how interesting I find that particular story element. If it strikes out with me then I will likely pass on the DLC. I suppose it's possible that if I'm blown away by the overall story in the original game, and the DLC adds enough additional story outside of the romances, then I may pick it up any way. That said, I was disappointed overall with the story in PS1, so new material in this particular line won't be an auto-buy.
I have to like Lola character a lot to buy a Romance DLC with only one option to me (specially since the Dollar skyrocketed in my country), and I'm not very confident on it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Some new games will have BxG romances. A new dating sim, and one of the "black/white art" games too. But yeah I'll try to add also more BxG in future.
For the DLC, I understand what you mean. But you can always wait one of my upcoming sales to get it cheaper :)
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Post by OhHaiMe »

So while we're somewhat arbitrarily complaining about the "lack" of romance choices (though calling all these options a lack is far from fair) I'm going to take the chance to mention the lack of monster/alien romances.

I have a feeling this will become a bit of a fad soon.With Love at First Sight(The VN about the cute Cyclops girl) making a bit of a splash when it was released, Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls starting to air in Anime form this year and seeming to gain a bit of popularity and even trashy monster based erotic/romance novels seem to be getting some attention even if just as a novelty.Heck even Hatoful Boyfriend is kind of a Human_x_Non-human romance thing.

Sure we'll be getting Lakadema in PS2 and the Nagas in Cursed lands but I think an all monster cast game needs to be made.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's a good idea, I agree. Once I have finished ALL those games in my backlog... :mrgreen:
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Post by OhHaiMe »

"An all monster game is good and all but now we want to date inanimate objects.We aren't satisfied with just romancing all the sprites, We want to romance all the Scenery too"
"There aren't enough Lamp x Radio romances in this new game"
"Why can I only date the Toaster as a TV !_! I want to date it as a sofa too.."-Comments from the year 2020.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The scary thing is that I believe they might become real :lol:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Romance DLC romances...

Post by Miakoda »

After speaking with Jack1974, and assuming nothing else comes up, we will expand the Romance DLC so Diana will romance Christophe, and Alex will romance Galina. This will make the same number of heterosexual, and homosexual romances whether playing as male or female.

This also means the Romance DLC will actually have as many romances as the base game does so it will take some time to write, especially as I try to make sure each one is fairly individualized.