Romance graph + DLC preview

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
kadakithis
Druid

Re: Romance graph + DLC preview

Post by kadakithis »

you are probably right. :)
thenoun
Young scout

Post by thenoun »

No it's not the bikini for me...Even the clothed images are odd looking. Agreed that Liz is the one that looks most natural.
I think the worst offender is Alex though. Her breasts are oddly far apart and the artist seems to have sacrificed proportions to give her a thigh gap :D I could point out what bothers me in each of the images but I already feel bad talking like this about the artist. It won't keep me from buying it or anything.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, I remember I had to explicitly tell the artist to make them less sexy. I think she said that is because most of her other clients want "pin-up" character, so she is used to draw like that :)
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

Ok, yesterday was my birthday so I couldn't be here much,I don't think is much the one romance plus for females but the quality, and I'm not referring to the writing, but visually when you compare side by side the female protagonist gets Galina and Kaden which both are bombshells, very appealing and hot, while the male player in terms of exclusivity gets Christophe, a little older guy who uses crop tops...

I haven't met in my whole life a self-respecting man who uses crop tops, his story is intriguing I give you that but when I try to assimilate that the dark character that has some dealings outside the law with a lot of enemies with the image above it just fall short.

I'm terribly sorry, but his casual look make him seem like a guy in his 40's having a mid-life crisis trying by all means to grip however little of left of his fading youth, I cannot picture him at all as this sharp man that always has to stay on his toes on the lookout for his enemies or being quick-witted.

Lola is a shared character, but compared to what the dlc brings in terms of new romance routes... the male protagonist seems very unfavored, forgive please If i don't buy the dlc unless there's new cgs for Rigel and Samuel.
Last edited by Ryocchi on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Why did you post that thing? :cry: It need to be purged by a orbital strike!
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

ValHallen wrote:Why did you post that thing? :cry: It need to be purged by a orbital strike!
To add impact to my post XD terribly sorry ValHallen.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Lol and I was thinking that Shiori design is one of the cutest character of all my games...!
She is cute, but the main character...is not, and we have to see her much more often. :( Everyone looks oversexualized, and it doesn't help they're often leaning back uncomfortably to show off their chests in half the shots.

I kind of think it's probably impossible to satisfy everyone unless all characters are romance-able by all genders or something like that (and I don't know if that would be a good idea, story-wise). There always seems to be a popular pairing that's unavailable for one type or another - see the comments about BxB options here, or how the interesting romance options on UL Lily aren't available with the interesting MC options (order ace and chaos lily) and so forth. I don't know what you can do outside of commission 72 CGs for every game. Maybe stick to smaller casts?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yeah, that's what I've realized yesterday, when another user commented in blog (or tumblr, don't remember) "thank you for Christophe!". So clearly for me the ONLY thing to do is provide a good variety of characters, because it's impossible to match all tastes. If I make smaller casts, if a player can't find anyone of his/her tastes won't buy the game. Big bigger casts at least there's a bigger chance that AT LEAST ONE character will be of his/her liking. Even in Loren everyone had their favorites, etc. It's just normal. As creator I just have to keep going, because this is not a problem that can be solved talking in forums, then the topic in the end it's just something that "depends on tastes" :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Agree completely. Also, no small devoted group likes to hear this, but we are probably your smallest consumer base. How we feel about something has very little to do with the wider audience, we are just the ones gun-ho enough to want to talk to you about it and probably for every one of us that says A there are 60 who say B.

Its probably good for you to ignore us on occasion, at least on the forums. As stern as Steam is, they probably have a better idea on how things should be for a wider audience, but it is still nice to be able to talk to a developer of some of my favorite games and see the games progress!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha if I was looking at Steam, I should just make BxG hentai games :lol:
But I want to provide something for everyone :) Also, I want to say this in general, but wait to read the story (since I offer usually long demos) before judging a character only by their looks. Very often you might not like much the art, but then fall in love with their personality.
For example, I must confess that I didn't like much some characters of Roommates (for the look/art) but when I read their stories, I changed my mind completely :)