Art Thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Art Thread

Post by jack1974 »

I've coded the Apex and Matrick battle/choices (there are 3 variants for each race) and started testing all the possible outcomes. The end is in sight! :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

When that's done, what's remaining before the game is complete? (Not out of beta, but just all content ready for testing.)

How close is the end? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There's the final battle, and then to try all the endings, but then it's content complete :) I might go back and tweak some side-missions (the enemy ones with 3 stars) but not much else.
Then I suppose with 1 month of testing it should be out officially in January!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Okay finished also the two other missions (which are in practice 6, but variants of the base one). There's only ONE MISSION LEFT!! :shock:
I'll do that tomorrow, and then test the various ending and start the final beta testing :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yup! Once again, I hacked Anima code to add some last minute features in a hurry :mrgreen:
Based on your previous choices, you'll be able to use some cool alien cards in the last battle, like this one. It won't be required of course, but I thought was a nice addition.
I'm working hard to finish the beta by tomorrow, so I can also send Christmas newsletter. Phew!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So finally got the new deck screen GUI. This was the original image mockup from artist:
and this is the final implementation:
I only tweaked a few buttons and such, but as you can see is quite similar.

I'm very happy since this basically marks the "all artwork finished". In next update will also add the theme song which is already done. The very last thing to add are some extra battle voices for some cards, I have already people working on them. But anyway I'll put the game in "soft release mode" already probably next week.
Soft release means that the game is 100% done and there are no bugs I know of, but I prefer to keep it "under the radar" for a few more weeks before starting to spread the word :)
(I do this with all games, of course with dating sim the amount of time is shorter).
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I just gotta say that I really loved/appreciated the art in this game. Well done, Dennis Menese! Hope to see more work out of him.

I literally am starting to love just about everything as far as PSCD goes. It's a sickness. <.<
IotaOne
Young scout

Post by IotaOne »

Hello, i have a question, not really important but out of curiousity.
It struck me in the Demo, and I see here again: why is the card named hover tank depicting a normal tank?
"Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I just thought it would sound cooler than simply "Tank". No other specific reason. Even if it was hovering, couldn't fly, so the practical use would be the same :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

IotaOne wrote:Hello, i have a question, not really important but out of curiousity.
It struck me in the Demo, and I see here again: why is the card named hover tank depicting a normal tank?
It hovers if you kick it hard enough.