Help with game name :)

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Help with game name :)

Post by jack1974 »

So... I posted some hints already on twitter in past days, and I'll make a blog post about it, but in practice:
I'm making a TD game set in PS world! The image above is EARLY WORK IN PROGRESS of course, that's why looks ugly :lol:
Since the RPG is quite stuck (both writer, artist and coder have issues) I thought to finally start doing "something different"!

It will use a more realistic art style for the heroes:

and happens before PS1, at the times of the colonization of the planet.

Now back to the topic, I've named the game Planet Stronghold: Colonization Wars. But I'm not sure it sounds well. Would be better "Colonial Defense"? or something else. In practice is about setting a foothold on the planet, building outposts and repelling the aliens :)
nullzero
Young scout

Re: Help with game name :)

Post by nullzero »

I like Colonial Defense. Makes me remember aliens: colonial marines fighting xenomorphs et al.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes Cliff (a well known indie friend of mine) recommended to put the "Defense" keyword in the game name, since people look for those games and immediately identify them with TD. So yes I'll be Planet Stronghold: Colonial Defense 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There are 5 male and 5 female heroes you can bring with you on the battlefield, this is Mizuki:
I like how she turned out 8)
Once I have more info will make a proper forum for this game, is still in the very early stages!