C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.4 beta !

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but the challenge are of increasing level, so it's not like after a 15x15 one you'll get a 5x5 one :mrgreen:
Pace675
Druid

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.4 beta !

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:Yes but the challenge are of increasing level, so it's not like after a 15x15 one you'll get a 5x5 one :mrgreen:
Lol true true, but since it is increasing in value, 5 15x15 puzzle, nah I will pass. So thanks for the skip button XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but skip won't advance to the next puzzle, just skip current one until you solve it (the current behavior).
I made the 0.9.6 update which I suppose should be the last beta, after that I think will release it, unless something else shows up! :)
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

jack1974 wrote:I thought to add a skip function but since I'm not sure what happens if you run out of puzzles, for now skip just won't advance you to the next puzzle. I definitely don't want to add a potential bug now :)
Oh, I can answer that, since I did a playthrough with just the cave action (excavation mini-game) and another with just the lab action, so I ran out of puzzles relatively quickly. Basically you just don't get the mini-game screen once you've completed all the puzzles, i.e. you would see the action taking place in the scheduler and then either go to the next action, or go to a scene if applicable. It didn't break anything :)

But I can understand about not wanting to add a bug at this stage ;)
Pace675 wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Yes but the challenge are of increasing level, so it's not like after a 15x15 one you'll get a 5x5 one :mrgreen:
Lol true true, but since it is increasing in value, 5 15x15 puzzle, nah I will pass. So thanks for the skip button XD
Hmm, if I remember correctly there weren't very many 15x15 puzzles (2 probably, especially after the trowel puzzle got replaced) and they were generally followed by 10x10 puzzles. I remember after encountering the first 15x15 puzzle that I kind of got excited thinking there may be puzzles that use larger grids (and then thinking it wouldn't fit on the screen... lol), but was surprised when the one immediately after that was smaller (10x10 I'm guessing, although this may have been with the original trowel puzzle). Actually, I think the majority were 10x10... if that helps?
Spoiler:
And there's actually a "trick" you can use with a little bit of effort involved if you get stuck on a puzzle and want to solve it. Although it's not mind shattering or anything... I just don't know if it would be OK to explain it here, otherwise I can PM you if you are interested. I had to use it a few times...
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Spoiler:
Oh I know about the rollback trick I thank Jack for leaving that in the game or else I'd prolly burn out my SSD with all the reloads lol, it works like a charm for the lab part ^_^ but once you figure out the basics it is fairly simple and no rollback or scumming needed for that mini puzzle
But that cave one nuuuuuu me no likies lol and 15x15 even with skipping .... I just dont want to waste my time with that. I say no to soduku on crack lol.
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Pace675 wrote:
Spoiler:
Oh I know about the rollback trick I thank Jack for leaving that in the game or else I'd prolly burn out my SSD with all the reloads lol, it works like a charm for the lab part ^_^ but once you figure out the basics it is fairly simple and no rollback or scumming needed for that mini puzzle
But that cave one nuuuuuu me no likies lol and 15x15 even with skipping .... I just dont want to waste my time with that. I say no to soduku on crack lol.
Agreed, and yeah, I used that trick as well :) But there's a different one for the cave, though, and it does involve some extra effort.
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Pace675 wrote:I say no to soduku on crack lol.
This... absolutely classic! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oniyuri wrote: Oh, I can answer that, since I did a playthrough with just the cave action (excavation mini-game) and another with just the lab action, so I ran out of puzzles relatively quickly. Basically you just don't get the mini-game screen once you've completed all the puzzles, i.e. you would see the action taking place in the scheduler and then either go to the next action, or go to a scene if applicable. It didn't break anything :)
Ah OK good to know. I already put the version 1.0 on my site in "soft release" mode. Maybe in a future update will allow a "true skip" then :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Technically this cave puzzle is from 1.0, but is there something I'm missing?
Spoiler:
I thought I had this with only one hint used, but it keeps saying my solution is incorrect even though the columns and rows seem to match:
After the 15x15 one I got some really easy 10x10s in a row before it got difficult again. Not that that's a bad thing, it's kind of like "here, have a break after solving that one".

Really like the cave puzzles. Yes, even the 15x15 ones, though occasionally I get to a spot where I have to either guess or use a hint because there doesn't seem to be a logical way to choose between multiple possible combinations for the last few squares. But at four hints per puzzle, not a big deal. I almost wish there was an extended pack of these for traveling on the plane or something. >_>

The lab ones are kind of repetitive though.
Spoiler:
Unless it's a low target number, pick the cloth, assume the bucket is a 9, and adjust your score appropriately. Otherwise pick the third item first. Repeat x5.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Troyen wrote:Technically this cave puzzle is from 1.0, but is there something I'm missing
Not sure, honestly I always skipped them while testing, since aren't really my thing :lol: maybe some other user in forum can help?