C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
Baalka
Young scout

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.4 beta !

Post by Baalka »

Regarding the french lines, most are good ! Here are a couple corrections and/or suggestions...

"{i}Quoi! Tout le monde! Elle parle français! Pourriez-vous rèpèter{/i}?"

The use of the polite form is pretty surprising. If I remember correctly, it's Chantal who's saying this, they've already met and she's been pretty friendly ? The familiar form would be "Peux-tu répéter ?" Plus, wouldn't "Quoi!" be a question ? "Quoi ?"

"{i}Rèpèter! {/i}Repeat!"

Same as the previous line, it's not "rèpèter" but "répéter".

"Melissa a l'hypoglycémie! Elle a besoin de quelque chose de sucré!"

We would say "Melissa fait de l'hypoglycémie !".

"{i}Joan, je vais faire la peinture de l'ongle. Vous pouvez faire les préparations alimentaires.{/i}"

I don't know the context, it seems similar to the ending I experimented with Joan, but not quite the same. It is nail polish she's applying, right ? Here I'd advise something changed quite a lot : "Joan, je vais m'occuper du vernis à ongle. Vous pouvez préparer la nourriture.". If it is indeed paint and not polish, that would be "Joan, je vais m'occuper de peindre les ongles.".

"How's your French? {i}Est votre amélioration français?{/i}"

"Comment se porte votre français", I'd say : ) Once again, depending on who's speaking, it might be more appropriate to say "ton français".
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, will fix them now. I already fixed the other typos and also Joan's necklace (a wrong image was used). I'm waiting for Oniyuri to unlock the last two images (since I assume she'll try?) and then make another version which should be the final one I think! :)
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Yup, that was the idea and I unlocked all the images just now :) I'm glad that it wasn't difficult to fix the necklace "issue".

It felt like I struggled a bit in getting the first extra CG and that was even with the hint from the beginning of this thread, but it may be because I was trying to do too much in those playthroughs. Now that I've figured it out, I don't really know why I was struggling.

Possible other issues:
Spoiler:
  • After going through all the routes, I went back to confirm and Hendrik's friend route is the only one that doesn't show the credits.
  • I wanted to check the new trowel puzzle (and it's a lot easier to solve it now) and noticed that even if you skip an excavation puzzle, the next excavation puzzle will be that same one that was skipped. I don't know whether this was the intended behaviour, but in case it was it may be frustrating for a player if they skipped a puzzle because they couldn't solve it and are constantly presented with that same one.
  • Just a thought, but is it possible to make "Relationship" the default "tab" when opening the journal? When playing without mini-games and the player opens the journal they will always encounter the empty cave/lab entries (and they are more than likely opening it to check the relationship progress). I don't think using this approach would annoy players that have the mini-games turned on. But overall this isn't a big issue and just a suggestion, so feel free to ignore it :)
  • Looking at the graph with 100 stats, the red/pink section extends beyond the black lines around the D, and although a bit difficult to notice, it doesn't quite reach the black line (from R to C) around the C:
And the last of the typos I found:
Spoiler:
  • "Sherri had nominated me as an university representative" -> "Sherri had nominated me as a university representative"
  • "'We're so proud of you, hon! Show off those dinosaur bones!' - dad" -> "'We're so proud of you, hon! Show off those dinosaur bones!' - Dad"
I really enjoyed C14 Dating a lot, so thanks to everyone that made it possible! (^▽^)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks will fix the typos and ask about your other issues. Do you have a save with all the stats at 100? so I can check the lines problem here? thanks! :)
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Sure, I sent you a link to the save file via a PM.
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

"Same as the previous line, it's not "rèpèter" but "répéter"!

.......there's a difference? >_> The two e's look so much alike
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Like in italian language, accents are very important and can change completely the meaning of a word :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Lol finally got time to actually test out the beta 0.94. First and foremost most excellent job Sleepykitten, really love the Joan path. The story was nice and flowing, humorous at times, tense at the right moment. The artwork for this VN is superb and I luuuuuv it!

Now onto game play; there was only two issues I had:
1) Stress and failures...I understand higher the stress level gets higher chance of failure. But when you start off at 0 stress and fail 3-5 times in a row the majority of the time, no just no. Add insult to injury the stat loss and added stress adds up quickly this needs to be tweaked.
2)The cave mini game, the 5x5 and 10x10 are fine but I toss up my middle finger at the 15x15 and just say no. There comes a point where a nice distraction becomes tedious. So the last 5 notes will never be collected by me ever, I might be able to see it as the final challenge but the last 5 um no I pass.

Overall I like this game, the story sweet and lighthearted, good job all.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All right I've fixed all the remaining issues. I did the change that skip button skips the current puzzle, though I am not sure if that's the best thing? I mean maybe sometimes you just want to skip it, but try again next time? I am thinking if to add a messagebox asking if you want to skip to next puzzle or try it again...
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:All right I've fixed all the remaining issues. I did the change that skip button skips the current puzzle, though I am not sure if that's the best thing? I mean maybe sometimes you just want to skip it, but try again next time? I am thinking if to add a messagebox asking if you want to skip to next puzzle or try it again...

Well even running it 5x day on caves,skipping always leads back to another 15x15 challenge (other might like it but nah I will pass every time)