Save file location

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
danneely
Young scout

Save file location

Post by danneely »

I want to copy my current games save to my laptop so I can continue playing while away from home, but can't find where the files are saved at.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Save file location

Post by jack1974 »

In the installation directory there's a "game" folder, inside it there should be a saves folder with all the savegames numbered by page/slot :)
danneely
Young scout

Post by danneely »

*GROAN*

The only thing I hate more than developers who're acting like the last 4 versions of windows never happened are those who do that and then default the installer path to Program Files. Nothing under there has been writable by user mode applications since Vista came out. Which means that to find the files is going to take a snipe hunt into the dark underbelly of the don't break windozexp crapplications subsystem to figure out WTF the files actually are located at.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

danneely wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:53 pm *GROAN*

The only thing I hate more than developers who're acting like the last 4 versions of windows never happened are those who do that and then default the installer path to Program Files. Nothing under there has been writable by user mode applications since Vista came out. Which means that to find the files is going to take a snipe hunt into the dark underbelly of the don't break windozexp crapplications subsystem to figure out WTF the files actually are located at.
This is why you never install to default directories or to window's system folders ;)
danneely
Young scout

Post by danneely »

Aside from the minor fact that C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf was the default you mean?

Had it defaulted elsewhere, I'd've dumped it in the C:\ProgramFails\ cesspit along with other assorted penguin droppings and other pieces of crap written by oblivious and/or actively hostile duhvelopers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I use innosetup with default installation parameters, what should have been the "right" default path then? sorry but I don't understand what it should be?
Anyway Ren'Py by default also stores the saves on another folder, see here: http://www.winterwolves.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971