SotW \ DLL ending question maybe bug?

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
sib277
Young scout

SotW \ DLL ending question maybe bug?

Post by sib277 »

Greetings,

Just finished playing the DLC, would like to say I really enjoyed the main game and the DLC both, thank you for this - I have a question for something that felt a bit like a bug at the end perhaps, will place the question in spoilers -
Spoiler:
This is from an Althea\Chalassa romance play-through: at the end, just before the 'Epilogue' titled sequence there is a frame with an image of Vaelis and the Guard Captain and the text: "And thus ended our winter in Ninim."
Clicking on the text the following happens which is unexpected:
Very quickly and briefly a frame\image is shown with Althea and Chalassa and then immediately it moves to and pauses on the screen with a title in the upper left corner that says 'Epilogue' and the text below of "And now you know all that has come to pass." with and image of Jariel writing. I do not know if there was supposed to be a pause on the Althea\Chalassa screen as well as dialogue between the two of them.
If I scroll back and forth, it will go back and forth between the "And thus ended our winter in Ninim." and the "And now you know all that has come to pass." screens without any indication of the Althea\Challassa image.
But if I scroll back to the first screen mentioned (the one with "And thus ended our winter in Ninim.") and choose to click instead, it will flash again briefly the Althea\Challasa image and immediately go to the "And now you know all that has come to pass" with Jariel.
I would like to know if there was meant to be final dialogue between Althea\Challassa that took place here. The image displays way to briefly to be intended like this and I would for example expect it to be clickable to advance.
In any event - Thank you for a wonderfully fun time.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SotW \ DLL ending question maybe bug?

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm with which main character were you playing with, and you had any active romance?
Spoiler:
it should play a scene with Althea/Chalassa only if you made some specific choices in Blood Realm and Chalassa was your love interest, otherwise not display anything :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nevermind found it! haha this ending was really a pain, had to recheck so many times.
Spoiler:
In practice your bug happens if Chalassa killed Rowinda and Jul was alive. I only checked the other combinations but with Deceit, not with Jul.
So yeah you're missing a scene, will upload a fixed version shortly.
sib277
Young scout

Post by sib277 »

It has been quite some time since I posted this and had moved to various other things but with it always in the back of my mind - I'm currently running version 1.0.9.5 from steam, loaded my old save at where my issue occurred and it still manifests - a skipped (and important?) scene.

I'm wondering if I am missing a fixed version that you had mentioned and if it was ever made? I've always wondered about that scene and would have loved to finally see it for my playthrough.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm I don't remember, maybe can you send me your save so I can check here? thanks
sib277
Young scout

Post by sib277 »

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I believe I have successfully sent you the save in question following the steps from viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I got it! Once I'm finished with this Amber testing madness I'll look into it (right now I really have no time sorry) :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

sib277 wrote:It has been quite some time since I posted this and had moved to various other things but with it always in the back of my mind - I'm currently running version 1.0.9.5 from steam, loaded my old save at where my issue occurred and it still manifests - a skipped (and important?) scene.

I'm wondering if I am missing a fixed version that you had mentioned and if it was ever made? I've always wondered about that scene and would have loved to finally see it for my playthrough.
When I played SOTW about a year ego this bug didn't occur so Jack has probably fixed it, but I didn't play a steam version.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I am not sure why that happens, but I hadn't time to check the save yet.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So today had time to check your save. I believe I fixed it already (if you're not sure you can grab the "VN Mode" version download in the forums so you don't even need to do the DLC fights).
In practice the problem was:
Spoiler:
in your playthrough, you were facing Jul, and you picked any other option but to Kill Rowinda yourself, playing as Althea. A variable that was supposed to set true wasn't, so that save at that point was forever bugged. You should replay the game from that choice onward, and the right scene will play (the one with Chalassa and Althea)
That's why other people didn't have the bug, they played the DLC from begining with the fixed version. Instead your version in that save point was "forever bugged" :)