Tips and Tricks

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
gamesempie
Young scout

Tips and Tricks

Post by gamesempie »

This thread is for gathering all the tips and tricks people have mentioned through out the forum. If you have anything new and useful to add, even if it's just your opinion on a build, please do. However, please avoid any spoilers of the story line as much as possible.
gamesempie
Young scout

Re: Tips and Tricks

Post by gamesempie »

1. Hunter and Druid twin combo is the easiest combination, great for first time runs.
  • Romances: Shea= Riley or Krimm. Althea= Chalassa or Jariel
  • Boss fights require heavy single target skills to take down boss, some even on lower difficulties, don't fall into the trap of only getting AoE skills since most fights are against mobs and are easy with lots of AoE skills make sure you have plenty of powerful single target skills too.
  • Prioritize SP and HP regen abilities, can't regain SP or HP outside of battle without visiting a tavern or waiting a day.
  • "Reckless" trait excellent solution to HP/SP regen problem get it early in Act 2.
  • Returning with 2 gold or less will prevent the Master of the Pits from taking any gold in Act 2.
  • Only about 9 chances to improve relationships in Act 3 and none in Act 4, choose wisely.
  • Need one personal quest from either Vaelis or Rowinda in Act 3 to get all quests, Chalassa doesn't count.
  • Need 4 talks in Act 3 with either Vaelis or Rowinda to open up that person's personal quests and get their extra skill.
  • Vaelis extra skill= Protect: Protects an ally in the back row for 7 turns, raises their attack by 20% and Vaelis takes any damage for them. Only able to protect one ally at a time and losses effect if they move to front.
  • Act 3 secret location: After completing the storyline quests Merrow's Men and A trip in the forest, try to board the ship. Then, complete one quest from Merrow (Empire's Plans), one quest from Aenais (Lost Brother) and one quest from the tavern (Pride of Lukoss) --the order you do these quests in doesn't matter. After these and before taking any additional quests, visit the ship repeatedly until the new location to sail to is announced. There are no quests in the area, it's just for grinding. You can visit it and come back without fighting anything.
  • Deceit Tip: Hardest battle in the whole game make sure you save before starting. For me, used Vaelis's extra skill "protect" to guard my druid twin that knew "perification" so that I could always clean his "paralyzed" debuff and keep my main healer and nuker from being put out of commission. Then used "Manticore Poison" from Kiduu to lower Deceits stats and reapplied it whenever its poison counter ended.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Here is how to never have to use consumables or taverns after act 1, as well as a proven recipe for madness. You can go through act 2 actively seeking out every single fight, and that's on nightmare mode and rerolling encounters for the toughest possible. It works in act 3 (and should work in act 4 but I quit) too but I couldn't hate myself enough to keep doing it - besides with autoleveling opponents milking experience becomes futile once you have your important skills and traits.

I always did it with ranger/druid too. Hunters are getting too much credit in my absence. To own at this game you need to run ranger/druid, have some skill and creativity and an astronomical amount of patience.

SHARE IN MY MADNESS HAHAHA

(If Jack nerfed Energize/SPR it might not work anymore.)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

WHY MUST THE MINOTAUR BE SO DIFFICULT?! Playing again and had no trouble beating Deceit, but this Minotaur is bloody hard! T___T
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Madance wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 pm WHY MUST THE MINOTAUR BE SO DIFFICULT?! Playing again and had no trouble beating Deceit, but this Minotaur is bloody hard! T___T
He can be outran if I remember correctly. (Don't quote me on that, though: it's been a while and I can't remember for certain.)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Yes, he can he avoided, butit really annoys methat I've beat Deceit easily as pie, but I'm being totally beaten by this minotaur. Just because I wanted the achviement in my Steam account T_____T man, this game on hard mode is already a nightmare to in some battes, and I love it
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

What I'd recommend then is using Jariel's songs as well as if ya have Rally available to Valies to buff the party and use moves that inflict big-time ailments like Bleeding on him.

Bombs would probably also prove useful. Hope that helps.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

I will try T____T