The three great questions of our time

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: The three great questions of our time

Post by jack1974 »

Well as said I didn't touch that code, it's built-in in Ren'Py so I can't do anything about that, sorry.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

You must be the only person skipping the dialogue to get to the battles.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

If I could skip (as automatic victor) every moronic trash pack that I will subdue and regen dance my way to nigh pristine condition before delivering the killing blow to, I wouldn't have stopped playing. At any rate, not at all interested in seeing the act one dialogue a fortieth time. Or I guess tenth if you only count the times I've actually read it (for plot or nitpicking), but it's still old.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
flavie
Young scout

Post by flavie »

Hello I 've finished my first playthrough, before doing the DLC I want to do the romances. So to play faster, apart from skipping text, can we avoid fighting? Is there a cheat mode?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There's a VN Mode, but you need to download the version I posted in the forums :)
flavie
Young scout

Post by flavie »

I play on steam so should I replace my copy by your version, to get the achievments on steam :? ?

I start from the first bathhouse at the end of Season 2 for Althea romances, for Shea from the start.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Actually, I will put the "VN Mode" version on Steam, in beta branch, so people can try that there too :) Please wait, I'll try to do it this afternoon!
flavie
Young scout

Post by flavie »

To include it? Cool cos to switch between "VN dev version?" and Steam version to get romance achievments is not the best, I did it for achievments left to do on "Loren the Amazon princess"
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just added it now - you need to right click on the game name in the library list, and under the "BETAS" tab, select the branch "-beta". The game will update to the version with VN Mode enabled and you should be able to play the game like that :)
flavie
Young scout

Post by flavie »

Quests and locations are discovered, cool it makes me get lavastorm. :) Do characters level up? It's practical to get some achievments we would have missed at a normal playthrough but it might distort the stats.