SOTW 1.0.87 - Bad Blood DLC

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Calimachus
Young scout

Re: SOTW 1.0.8.5 - Bad Blood DLC beta

Post by Calimachus »

Sorry, was quite late yesterday, I would have mentioned it otherwise :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No problem, thanks for letting me know!
Uploaded 1.0.8.6 that should fix all the various variant of that scene (I tested them here with a cheat mode) :) since is a minor fix I'll wait a bit before putting this version live on my site.
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

Just a question.
When loading a save game to start the DLC, it seems it switches the chosen class when the main character is switched.
I loaded a save game with Althea (Hunter) romancing Chalassa, Shea was a druid.
I changed the main character in the DLC to Shea, but he is now a hunter and Althea is a druid, so the classes doesn't stick with the characters.

Don't know if this is intentional.
Calimachus
Young scout

Re: SOTW 1.0.8.6 - Bad Blood DLC beta

Post by Calimachus »

And even with Shea as main character, Chalassa still calls Althea my love (nice that this romance is remembered
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Calimachus wrote:Just a question.
When loading a save game to start the DLC, it seems it switches the chosen class when the main character is switched.
Yeah, I know about that, unfortunately making the class stick to the character would have been possible but maybe lead to some later bug, so for something that is supposed to be used as a "quick replay" to see the other endings, I didn't bother to change it :)
Calimachus wrote:And even with Shea as main character, Chalassa still calls Althea my love (nice that this romance is remembered
Hehe yes, because if Chalassa is still alive in the DLC, the only possibility of this happening is that Althea loves her :)
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

And if Jariel is chosen as her love interest in the DLC, she has two people calling her 'love' :lol: meaning in the DLC, she can have both address her this way.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm true I think will make it so that if you pick Jariel in the replaying menu, Chalassa is automatically dead :)
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

I guess this would be the best way to handle it. Sad, from the love interests, Chalassa is my absolute favourite with Krimm a close second.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

My game crashed while trying to view character attributes.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Spoiler:
While running game code:
File "game/plot/scene00_intro.rpy", line 41, in script
File "game/gui.rpy", line 170, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 265, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 275, in execute
Exception: Required parameter athelp has no value.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/plot/scene00_intro.rpy", line 41, in script
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\ast.py", line 593, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\exports.py", line 1018, in say
who(what, interact=interact)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\character.py", line 826, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\character.py", line 688, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\character.py", line 491, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\ui.py", line 277, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\core.py", line 2248, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\core.py", line 2496, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\core.py", line 341, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\core.py", line 341, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\screen.py", line 382, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\core.py", line 2496, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\screen.py", line 392, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\display\screen.py", line 556, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/gui.rpy", line 170, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 265, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 275, in execute
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\ast.py", line 117, in apply
raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)
Exception: Required parameter athelp has no value.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.3.404
Seasons Of The Wolf 1.0.8.6
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Arghhhh :( Will upload a fixed version later today!